We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint (charge someone with a crime under the Criminal Code) [1902] Nakari v. North Prarie and Concrete Slab

Your honours,

I have recently received evidence of bribery occurring between North Prarie and Concrete Slab. Concrete Slab initially voted for Glen-Rhodes in the Minister of Foreign Affairs election, but a few minutes later (at 10:11 PM GMT), deleted his initial post. At 10:12 PM GMT, he changed his vote to North Prarie alone (I only have my memory to support that it was North Prarie alone, but the change itself was noted in legislators-lounge.)

Roavin questioned Concrete Slab on his change of vote, and the following was said (timestamps are GMT +1);
Quote:[11:49 PM] Concrete Slab: Well, we talked, and I found his case satisfactory
[11:49 PM] Roavin: May I convince you otherwise then? :stuck_out_tongue:
[11:50 PM] Concrete Slab: Idk man... he did something good for me
[11:50 PM] Concrete Slab: You can try tho! :smile:
[11:50 PM] Roavin: what'd he do o.O
[11:50 PM] Concrete Slab: He gonna help me
[11:51 PM] Concrete Slab: Here's what happened
[11:52 PM] Concrete Slab: I was mad at him for testifying against me for my criminal case. He apologized and said he wouldn't do it, so I voted for him
[11:52 PM] Concrete Slab: shrug

After this conversation, Concrete Slab edited his vote at 10:54 PM GMT to include Glen-Rhodes as his second choice - perhaps thinking that adding Glen-Rhodes to his vote would make the sudden change less suspicious.

Concrete Slab confessed that North Prarie offered to not give testimony against Concrete Slab in the criminal case NHC had filed, in exchange for Concrete Slab's vote in the Minister of Foreign Affairs election, which Concrete Slab accepted, and changed his vote.

Roavin did not want to bring this to the Court without Concrete Slab's permission. Unfortunately, he made the mistake of showing me the evidence, and I have far less moral scruples about this kind of thing. I recommend that the Court approach Roavin for screenshots, since he did not provide me with any.

I thank the Court for hearing this Criminal Complaint.

Slight edit: I'd accidentally said NP filed the court case, when it was actually NHC. All the Ns are confusing...
[-] The following 3 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Amerion, Felis Silvestris Grampia, Poppy

Messages In This Thread
[1902] Nakari v. North Prarie and Concrete Slab - by Nakari - 02-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Indictment - by Kris Kringle - 02-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Verdict - by Kris Kringle - 10-23-2020, 02:04 PM
Sentencing Hearing - by Kris Kringle - 10-23-2020, 02:04 PM
Sentence - by Kris Kringle - 02-02-2021, 01:18 PM