We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Removing Reconfirmation Vote for the Legislator Committee

(02-14-2019, 01:44 AM)Amerion Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 12:23 AM)USoVietnam Wrote: Considering recalling by the Assembly is already a mechanism to remove incompetent legislator committee members and other independent institutions don't have reconfirmation votes, this thing is redundant, unnecessary,  and only serves the purpose of making being a CoA harder.

Emphasis mine.

Personally, I am happy with the current arrangement. It goes a little way in holding our officials accountable. True, the Assembly has a mechanism to remove the scourge of incompetence but the present system has few detriments other than a (very) minor inconvenience to the Chair. A good Chair should already be aware of when reconfirmation votes are due (<.<).

If anything, I would argue for the High Court to also be subject to reconfirmation votes ...

And the CRS; any permanent appointment, really - though I think there might be an argument for making it less frequent.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAFT] Removing Reconfirmation Vote for the Legislator Committee - by Belschaft - 02-14-2019, 09:32 AM