We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CSS Membership Expanded

CSS Membership Expanded
by Feirmont

[Image: lvvuLD2.jpg]
Meeting of the Committee for State Security

On December 1, Delegate Tsunamy nominated Arbiter08 and Kris Montresor to the Committee for State Security (CSS), the institution charged with maintaining the security of the region. Previous to the election of Tsunamy and Penguin the Committee had four members, which was already a reduced number due to the loss of three other members due to inactivity.

Delegate Tsunamy said that both have “served the region nobly during the past several terms”, therefore being natural choices, and that they are “trustworthy and dedicated” to the security of the South Pacific. Following a confirmation vote at the Assembly, both were successfully appointed to the Committee for State Security on December 6.
When asked about his appointment, Kris Montresor had this to say:

“I obviously feel honoured, to be entrusted with overseeing the security of the region is a great responsibility, and shows how trustworthy the region considers both me and Arbiter. I already know all of the other members of the Committee, and have good working relationships with them, so I have no doubt we will all do a good job keeping the region safe.”

“It’s very touching”, said Arbiter08 to the Journal, “to see that TSP places enough faith in me to appoint me to the CSS with near-unanimous support. I can promise that their faith will not be misplaced.”

With the new appointments, the Committee now has six members.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System