We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

In Defence of Salaxanism

In Defence of Salaxanism
by Kris Montresor

While debate in the 2015 Great Council has so far focused on unrealistic and radical proposals, like the establishment of a bicameral legislature or the reform of the military, there is one proposal that has so far been overlook, despite the fact that it would bring unparalleled peace and prosperity to the South Pacific. I am referring to my recent proposal on the adoption of Salaxanism as the official regional religion. Before discarding this as yet another crazy and unrealistic proposal, let's examine the contents and many benefits that Salaxanism would have for the South Pacific.

Granted, having The Salaxalans as the supreme being does not give us much of a benefit, but certainly it would give a direction and sense of purpose to the region! With such an strange character at the top of our official religion, undoubtedly we would be the envy of NationStates, defeating all our enemies by the sheer mention of his name. That cannot be denied, and we need only to see the the numerous victories that our Special Forces score every update, to see that Salaxanism as a doctrine and good luck charm make us unbeatable.

But of course, every religion needs a leader, a benevolent but strong figure to led us to salvation, and for that role I have proposed Mallorea and Riva, one of the most beloved figured in South Pacifican history. Mall was already a citizen of the South Pacific by the time NationStates was created, and since then has been a stabilising figure, helping newcomers find their place in the region. He is also a benevolent presence in military gameplay, saving regions from the fierce claws of sovereignty and home rule.

In my proposal, I have included a provision for Mall as Supreme Pontiff to be able to alter the doctrine, and even the very name of Salaxanism. Why would I do that? Because every religion needs updating, every once in a while, lest it become obsolete and unable to meet the demands of the future. Mall will be able to adapt Salaxanism to coming challenges, if necessary to violate the democratic values of the South Pacific, maybe even turn it into an oppressive raider dictatorship, all in the name of prosperity.

Some might oppose this proposal, but I urge all South Pacifica's to think out of the box, to imagine the many benefits that Salaxanism would bring to our region, and of the awesome guidance that we would have, under the tutelage of Mall. Certainly, this is a proposal that will make the South Pacific an even better region than it already is, and only at the very low cost of letting Mall determine our fate.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System