We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Who is Our ROOT Admin?

A recent IRC discussion has led some to believe that there were certain mistruths surrounding the forum move and who the actual ROOT is.

I and many others were under the impression that Tsu is ROOT. However, GR is now claiming to be the ROOT admin on IRC. Everyone in this forum has the right to know who exactly holds this title.

I heard something that they were co-roots? I don't know really, but Im leaning to Tsu.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

They co-own, I believe.

I'm not claiming to be "the root." Tsunamy and I have been co-roots the whole time. I manage the technical side of things-- forum updates, plugins, themes, database issues, etc. Tsunamy is "root" in the essence that he is User ID #1 on the forums, but he also has all the same access to the server as I do.

If you want a historical timeline of the decision-making process, that's available in our archives: http://tsparchives.hierocles.me/showthread.php?tid=8

Throughout the discussion, I was always considered for being the root admin. The idea of having two roots was floated around, the Cabinet agreed to it, and so Tsunamy was chosen (as he volunteered, had experience, and was also the popular choice in the Assembly).

Aside from some people's desire for Tsunamy to "fire" Kris and me over petty political fights, I'm not sure why this is being brought up right now. There's been no misunderstanding about our co-root structure all this time, and it's not like this is the first time it's ever been mentioned.

Both Sandaoguo and Tsunamy are Root Admins. Sandaoguo was originally chosen as Root due to his technical expertise, particularly as he was the one leading the search for a new forum. Tsunamy was chosen due to his longstanding service as an Administrator and the need to promote confidence in our new Forum. Sandaoguo is the one who created this Forum and the accounts of all three Administrators, which he then turned over to us. While Tsunamy is indeed User #1, both he and Sansaoguo share Root access, and Sandaoguo is the one who actually created that #1 account.

I will also highlight that we three agreed since day one that we would not have a vertical Root Admin-Regular Admin relationship. We decided to hold equal votes for all major decisions, and that is how our Team has functioned ever since. Our interactions are as equal colleagues, not as Root and Regulars.

--

Hileville,
I am not sure why this thread is in the Private Halls, as if this was a sensitive matter for the Assembly. This is a question about the composition of our Administrative Team, so it's place is in the Operations Centre, where Admins can more easily see it.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Thank you for linking that thread GR, it shows the thought process of all people involved. In no way was it ever implied that you wouldn't be co-root. Then, I'm extremely upset at a few things going on recently such as people trying to bring their personal politics into the administration and attacking only those members who they are politically opposed to. The Administration should be separate and above from such ridiculous, toxic, and sickening behavior.

And thank you Kris for sharing the admin process as being one that is equilateral. That was one of the main issues beforehand among others but I suppose there isn't a need to rehash that right at this moment.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

@Kris: That was my fault. I honestly believed I was in the Op center on Tapatalk when I posted this. If you could move it there I would appreciate it.

@GR: I didn't bring this up for any political reasons. I was under the belief that Tsu was the ROOT and you were the lead tech admin. I brought this up because there is a misconception about how the team was setup and it needed to be answered. Not everything people do or ask or say that you don't care to discuss is about politics. I also don't care about who the admins are as long as the job is getting done.

The discussions on IRC that precipitated this question were about Tsunamy kicking out the other admins, because Kris and I are consistently being portrayed as nefarious and corrupt individuals because we happen to oppose Wolf and others who frequent the #the_south_pacific IRC channel.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this was then brought up in the Assembly, after Belschaft had accused us of "lying" to the region about who was the root of the forums.

This stuff needs to stop. Regardless of whether you are personally acting politically here, you know the context in which this question is being asked. Everybody on that IRC channel needs to cool their damn jets. We should be able to have political disagreements without one side threatening to tear the forums apart.

I don't think it's really a politically-motivated question to ask. I, too, was under the impression that Tsu was root and Glenn and Kris were also admins. Has it always been that way? When did it change? May we have some insight as to why we have two roots?

It has always been said that Tsunamy and Sandaoguo are Roots. A browse through the threads related to the forum move will reveal that, and even the OP to the host move thread includes a mention of the co-root status of Tsunamy and Sandaoguo. I already explained in my above post why we have two roots.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System