We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Departing Players

I think we need to have a discussion about this, because I'm absolutely livid that we just forced two -- possibly three -- players from the region.

Is this the type of region we want to live in? One where we're blatantly allowed to bully people out of the region? One where we raise hell over minor details and attack and attack because we don't know when the f--- to leave something alone? Or when we actually won?

I'm fully ashamed at how this is playing out.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'll echo Tsu's comments.

I fully agree. This is despicable.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

You are right.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I have no doubt you mean well, but to say that these two players were forced out of the region is just inaccurate, particularly in the case of TAC. I regret seeing Hopolis go, but let's not present like TAC handled himself like a model citizen and was somehow bullied without reason, because that is not what happened.

A discussion may be in order, but we need to be honest about all the facts.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Apad took an appeals case he knew he shouldn't have taken. When asked about it, he and TAC either refused to answer or outright lied. Hop was largely excluded from anything, so I have no clue why she left.

Yeah it sucks that we lost players when they could have exited from public office gracefully. But I'm not upset about it. I take no blame, and I won't allow others to place blame on anybody but the players who have left. Some players broke the rules, and they were going to be punished for it. It's not "bullying." We have rules and laws for a reason. We expect players to follow them and proper punishments to be meted out for breaking them. TAC reacted poorly, and so did Hop, by leaving in a huff. That's on them, not anybody else.

(08-03-2015, 05:50 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Apad took an appeals case he knew he shouldn't have taken.

Is there any protocol--- any at all--- that allows the non-presiding justice to recuse him/herself?
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

(08-03-2015, 06:28 PM)Darkstrait Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 05:50 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Apad took an appeals case he knew he shouldn't have taken.

Is there any protocol--- any at all--- that allows the non-presiding justice to recuse him/herself?

We have 4 justices. There is always supposed to be 1 who isn't involved in the case. With Kris' legal question, all of the justices were involved, but they listed Apad as the non-presiding justice anyways. Because all the Justices were involved, the Charter-granted right to appeal was violated.

This apparently isn't the first time it's happened. The bigger issue is how TAC and Apad responded to the claims of mishandling. TAC was very belligerent because he saw the issue as politics (thanks to the separate issue of the court's recommendations being discussed, and him viewing that as a personal attack on the court), and Apad either refused to answer questions directly or lied about it entirely. If the court would have simply owned up in the first place -- because I sincerely believed it was an honest mistake that nobody sat out the original case -- all of this could have been avoided. It was the cover up that was a big deal.

I do not feel sorry at all for either of them. I said before that there were no good guys in the situation. That's true. There are ethical issues that need to be discussed among admins. But Tsu is completely 100% wrong to think that TAC and Apad's behavior was acceptable. He's totally wrong to think that they were attacked, and that the criminal charges and talks of recalls were freaking out over minor details. This all boils down to them lying, deceiving, or covering up a wrongdoing Kris and I knew about, and more importantly they knew about. I don't think that's minor at all.

(08-03-2015, 05:50 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: .... and was somehow bullied without reason .....

So bullying, because you had a reason (and didn't get your way) is ok?

I would recommend that Kris and Glenn's admin rights be suspended until further review of the whole situation.

That is taking a piece of text out of concept.

Cynosurian Councillor of Brilliance