We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Cabinet Cuts Cause Chaos

Cabinet Cuts Cause Chaos
by Punchwood

[Image: 5AjgeXJ.png?1]

Regional Affairs has seen better days

Today the Cabinet made large cuts to all but two of the government offices. Asembly, Foreign Affairs, Regional Affairs and the Local Council all received large cuts to their budgets. Special Forces and the Committee for State Security were the only two offices not to have their budgets cut; in fact, both will be receiving more money. A Cabinet spokesperson said:

"The Cabinet is making these cuts because of fears of an undead outbreak. We are putting the money that would have otherwise gone to the ministries into a "rebuilding fund" and training soldiers that will be capable of fighting the undead."

An undead outbreak has already happened on Halloween for the past two years, and many think another is likely to happen this year. Several disgruntled employees from the various ministries have reacted negatively to the cuts, burning their lampshades and organising pie parties in protest.

[Image: WmnZEKe.png?1] [Image: z6VzaBq.jpg?1]

Farengeto's new chair | The Local Council's meeting place is a wee bit down, after Cabinet cuts
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

XD
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

I am glad the Judiciary didn't get cut. Because its not part of the government!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Think of it like this: Three Branches. Cabinet = Executive, Assembly = Legislative, and Court = Judicial.

But it did not get cut!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

*places a gold leaf upon his filet mignon*

Hm? Training soldiers? Uhm. Uh... Yeah. We're doing that.
SibDis

(09-04-2015, 07:32 AM)Ryccia Wrote: But it did not get cut!

I suppose judiciary hadn't even been given a budget?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Uh. . .

It had a budget equivalent to that of the Ministry of Gameside Affairs.

(09-04-2015, 11:44 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 07:32 AM)Ryccia Wrote: But it did not get cut!

I suppose judiciary hadn't even been given a budget?

One thing's for sure, the Justices will never get the shiny new gavels they so desired in their campaigns.

But... But... Shiny gavels!

<33