We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

For Better or For Worse

I stand by the actions of the Transitional Government.

This has been a whirlwind week. When I was on the cusp of becoming Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hileville told me about the plan to move the region to new forums and asked if I would support it. I said I would. I soon realized the extent of that decision's repercussions. Regional divisions. Claims of treachery. Gridlock.

I supported and even encouraged Hileville to move forward with a coup, believing it was the only way. We were in too deep. Compromise was not panning out. I truly believed that TSP needed a clean slate. I authored a statement that ultimately made its way to the in-game region and the gameplay forum. GR, Kris, and Farengeto were ejected, and at this point we had officially undertaken the grand task of reforming TSP for the better. Or so I thought.

I can't blame Scylla for the actions taken to bring down the Transitional Government. I can't blame Hileville for cutting and running. But I also can't face all of you again without admitting to you that I was a willing participant in all that occurred, and I believed in it. I still believe that TSP is a fundamentally broken region in need of drastic reform. I still believe that TSP is a bitterly divided by factions each seeking to strengthen their own spheres in this region.

I'm grateful that those who supported the Coalition all along are preaching clemency for members of the Transitional Government and its supporters. But to come here and act like nothing happened, that would be too much. I stand by what we did. It's not what I had in mind when I ran for election, but I saw the opportunity and I took it. Then it slowly crumbled. I know if I stay here I will have to watch as Hileville, myself, and others are collectively vilified for actions that we took; actions I still feel we were justified in taking. I don't deserve your mercy or your clemency, because I don't think what we did was wrong.

This is my long way of saying that I am owning up to what was done, fully and completely. I will likely never overcome my participation in the Transitional Government in the eyes of many of you, but what's more important to me is honesty. Those are my feelings. We didn't win, but I hope at least the efforts we made end up changing TSP for the better.

With that, I'm going to go. After all of this, I can't be here for a number of reasons. I hope you all understand what I did, why I did it, and why I can't stay here now having done it.

This can be moved to whatever area of the forum most appropriate for it.

Sopo — I appreciate the honesty. And, I, personally, am sorry for the way is has been breaking down. You, certainly, didn't ask for it — even if you felt it was the right thing.

I'll be honest in that I didn't realize the extent and strength to which people felt this. And, I take responsibility for my part in it. I've always wanted the Charter, the Coalition and the Region itself to be able to grow and change. That's what we're going to do. I wish it didn't happen under such a divisive situation, but we are were we are.

I hope one day you'll reconsider. Or, at very least, I hope you stay in touch as a friend and ally.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

It's very likely I'll be back someday, assuming I'm not banned for some reason. I just can't really be here now. Thanks, Tsu.

I do hope that we don't ban you. Even though you were our enemies, you are also the greatest of people.

Sigh. Such great people.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Should we take this as a resignation of citizenship?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I don't think he said that.

I am asking him because I want to clarify.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I think if he was resigning, he would have explicitly said it. Are we going to take every post anyone makes as a possible resignation now?

Why are you arguing. It is no place.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(02-02-2016, 08:06 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Should we take this as a resignation of citizenship?

I didn't in that post, but yes. I resign my citizenship.