We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Show off your made-up scripts

Have you ever tried to create your own script? I have. Maybe Im the only weirdo(and you may call me crazy), but I like making scripts. So far, I have created two functioning scripts that don't look stupid(to me)

[Image: PDJB724.jpg]

First, we have Irykian. I use it everyday, when on class doodling on my notebook, since classes are boring. I can write this script to perfection, although reading the script is possible, but not easy, as I have to go through every character to read it all. There are two ways of writing this script: Simplified and Traditional. I use Simplified casually 95-99% of the time, as in Traditional you have to stack up the vowels in the consonants, and sometimes it can get confusing and difficult to write the vowels in the holes they correspond to. I am very proud of this script since it is the first one I did that is functional and that one person(a.k.a me) knows how to write it. There are no lowercase letters. I use it so much that I tried to make a keyboard for it, but it was a mess. It is still useable, but I don't use it. I may try to come up with another if people request it.

[Image: tjndkqO.jpg]

Second, we have Aurayik. This script is based on Latin, and it looks very, very similar, sometimes identical. Some letters are mixed up, some are made up, and many lowercase letters look like their uppercase counterparts(Ex. Is h the lowercase of H? No, its н)

Has anyone invented their own script for some reason? Show them here!(And, who knows? I may use one)
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I've approached this issue from a cryptographic angle in the past, and came up with a variety of systems of varying levels of security. The simplest one to use works on several basic principles;

1. Each letter (A-Z) is assigned various numeric values running from 1-26, 27-52, 53-78, etc.
2. The first letter of the first word is substituted for the first numeric value it possesses; H for example is replaced with 8.
3. The second letter of the first word is substituted with the sum of this number and and the next number in the sequence; E for example is replaced with 39.
4. This pattern is continued until the end of the word, always using a numeric value larger than the previous one; L for example is replaced with 103.
5. You revert to the lowest possible numerical value with each new word.

HELLO WORLD is written as 8.39.103.219.442 23.64.134.276.566

Added security can be created by making rules, known only to the two parties communicating, that alter the numerical sequence. For example, any number that features multiples of the same digit can be eliminated from the numerical sequence. Without knowledge of the rule the numerical system cannot be translated. Under this rule;

HELLO is written as 8.42.112.254.539

You should have all the information you need to work out how WORLD is spelt.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Numerical script... So complicated....

Its awesome! Smile
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

It's more a substitution cipher than a numerical script, as it merely replaces the latin letters with numerical values produce via an established formula. Any invented script is really only a substitution cipher, as you are replacing one set of letters with another set; any variations you add in simply increase the complexity, and thus security of the cipher.

I do have a notebook somewhere with details of a properly constructed script and language, using non-english spelling and grammar but I would have no idea where it is. I lack the linguistic skills to develop a constructed language to the point where it's truly usable, like Tolkein did.

*Tolkien
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

I thought this was movie scripts Tounge
Would've offered to produce a couple if it was.
SibDis

I thought it was Java scripts.

Siberian! Doing movie scripts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

So, is this now just for all scripts? Because I could be for that.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

I might be doing one someday.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

HELLO WORLD

62.31.92.92.91 21.91.41.92.32

Can anyone work out the system used for this substitution cipher?