We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Cabinet Statement of Sam111's CSS Status

Quote: Wrote:Article 4: Limitations.
1. Border Control power does not grant any legal authority to eject or ban nations from the region when not authorized by security or criminal laws.
2. The Communications power must not be used excessively in a way that effectively spams the region.
3. Exercise of Regional Officer powers must follow all applicable laws and rules. Behavior unbecoming of a representative of The South Pacific may result in suspension of Regional Officer power, even for ministers, as determined by a majority of the Cabinet.

In accordance with Article 4 Section 3 of the Regional Officers Act, the Cabinet of the South Pacific has voted with a majority in favor of suspending Sam111's Regional Officer Powers for 1 Month.
The Cabinet agrees it is prudent to gain confidence on all sides in this situation, therefore it has been decided the suspension start date will be retroactive. Sam111's suspension will begin on the end date of the most recent special elections, February 23rd, 2016, with his suspension of Regional Officer Powers ending on March 24th, 2016. At which time he will be granted Border Control Powers.
This suspension only covers his Regional Officer Powers. During the suspension of Regional Officer Powers, Sam111 will remain a full member of The Committee for State Security, with the same equal rights as any other member.
Semi-Unretired

I'm ok with this.

This seems entirely fair and reasonable.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Thank you! Happywide
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Hmm
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(03-05-2016, 05:58 PM)Belschaft Wrote: This seems entirely fair and reasonable.

completely agree

I just want to give a should shout out to DM for this. It was his idea and suggestion that the Cabinet voted on. And I think it's a reasonable compromise.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'm concerned with what he'll do with Border Control once it's given to him again, but as long as he's not allowed to achieve the second highest endorsement count in the region, I suppose the harm he could do will be limited.

This is probably the most sensible response possible from the Cabinet to a nonsensical Assembly decision.

(03-05-2016, 07:06 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: I just want to give a should to DM for this. It was his idea and suggestion that the Cabinet voted on. And I think it's a reasonable compromise.

I too would like to give a should to DM. He deserves all the words he can get.
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

(03-06-2016, 12:42 PM)Cathalea Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 07:06 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: I just want to give a should to DM for this. It was his idea and suggestion that the Cabinet voted on. And I think it's a reasonable compromise.

I too would like to give a should to DM. He deserves all the words he can get.

Better? I love when people catch my typos. Lets me know I'm being read.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]