We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Do you support Sandaoguo as an administrator of this forum?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
8 50.00%
No
37.50%
6 37.50%
Abstain
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you support Sandaoguo as an administrator of this forum?

As the title states, this is a poll to see how much trust Sandaoguo/Glen has to continue on as an administrator. There is no flaming, baiting or trolling going on here, just a simple poll to test to see whether Glen's statements on Discord are true, or not.
There is no legal reason to delete this thread, at this point in time.

Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

[I don't want to overuse the red text, so just consider this an admin post.]

I wasn't sure where exactly this thread belonged, but the Discussion Centre seemed like the best fit. It was definitely not a general issue to be in the LB&G, nor was it a strictly technical issue to be in the Operations Centre, so I figured this forum was a good match. There's no need to apologise; we all get our forums mixed up at times. It's not like posting in the wrong forum would get you in trouble! : )
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I'm not one to think admins should be slaves to popular support, but I've also been in the position of being an unpopular admin in an admin team. In a situation where admin has been so heavily politicised as it has in TSP, it can be very very difficult to strike the right balance between people the forum community trusts and people who can keep the forum ticking over.

So in the interests of discussion, I'd like to pose three questions:

1. What do you want from your admins? Coding knowledge? Prompt action on requests? Non-involvement in the political side of your region?

2. To the people who don't support Glen continuing on as an admin, where does he fail with respect to your answer to question 1?

And finally, 3. I understand that Glen does the majority of the technical aspects of this forum. If you want to replace Glen, who would you replace him with?