We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

State of the Region III

State of the Region III
Going global

Hello and welcome to State of the Region, I'm Omega! This week's edition is coming to you on a Tuesday (I know it's odd). Top of the headlines this week is the current situation in Osiris. As I'm sure you remember that SPN was the first place in the region to alert the public about the coup. Well here's the latest development: 5 days ago an end of the conflict was announced by Pharaoh and Delegate (same thing one gameside, one forumside) Cormac Stark.  This announcement did include a request that those who left would come back but that wasn't all. One of these was the announcement of a new cabinet. The cabinet is comprised of long time members of the Osirian community and loyals to Cormac, including the appointment of former Pharaoh and co-coup leader Tim Stark as Chief Guardian (Vice Delegate). The other major part was the announcement of the formation of a legislature known as the Council of Scribes. This Council is open to all citizens of Osiris and will be tasked with drafting a new constitution (sound familiar). We will keep looking to see what the final constitution looks like and if it will include the monarchist principles of the coup.
Here in TSP though two new Charter drafts have been proposed. Both do provide for separation of government leader and Delegate.  All 3 charters at this point do contain many similarities however problems regarding regional security are among those most highly debated. We can see where the debate on these takes us and which one will end up being adopted (or if one of the current ones will).
Lastly SPN is now hiring! if you would like to be a writer or contributor for the South Pacific's only breaking news source feel free to shoot me a PM and I can work you on to the team. Thanks so much for tuning in to SOR, I'm Omega wishing you a good night.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021