We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Vote on the below resolution
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
100.00%
4 100.00%
Nay
0%
0 0%
Abstain
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

APC: How do we include members?

Hello members! I am Omega Chair of the APC and I have a question. Me and Zak (Vice-Chair) both want to know 2 things:
1. What would be the best way to include you (the members) in party decisions?
2. How should we recruit new members?
As a reminder please do not post here unless you have also posted requesting to be a member in the APC Roll Call thread. Thanks guys and we look forward to getting your imput into the future of this party.

At vote to conclude at 7:00 CDT on 5-18:
RESOLVED: The APC will begin its first Party Summit immediately following the end of the current Great Council. This Summit will have the purpose of writing a full platform, governing document over the structure of the party, and electing party leadership as needed. The current party Chair and Vice Chair will serve as Co-Chairs for this Summit with the power to call and end votes.

Remember you must have registered in the roll call thread to vote.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I suggest that we elect the Chair and his Vice in a joint ticket(why not emulate the Coalition?) and have some sort of primary at least for Delegate candidates.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(05-12-2016, 06:50 AM)Ryccia Wrote: I suggest that we elect the Chair and his Vice in a joint ticket(why not emulate the Coalition?) and have some sort of primary at least for Delegate candidates.

Okay I am open to that! I think that would be great way to involve y'all, now what about recruitment?
Has Been
What's Next?

Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

We would need to make policies and a manifesto. What we follow, what we believe in, what the party advocates...

I think we need a Party Summit to make our ideas concrete.

Furthermore, we need to cement ourselves in regional politics. Be active, maybe get APC-controlled ministries by making our members elected. If we get influence, we'll be visible. And we are already a little visible due that we are the only active party in TSP. And we need those ideals cemented so people can get an idea of what party they are joining.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Alright, how about once the GC ends we hold a party convention/summit?
We already have a platform though. It's in the HQ.
Maybe I should see if we could get a subforum here?
Has Been
What's Next?

Yes, it is getting cluttered around here.

We're going to need more. What do we stand on Foreign Affairs? Where do we stand on Regional Affairs(a.k.a. culture)? Where do we stand on the military?

These are key factors for TSP. We need to make ourselves known in these areas.

Alright, Mod/Admin team is talking about giving us a subforum.
IF we get one I think Chair and Vice will be given moderator power over it so me and Zak to start, at the end of the convention I think we might want to hold a Chair and Vice-Chair election or whatever we decide will be our leader at the end of it.
Has Been
What's Next?

I am putting this up to a vote to conclude at 7:00 CDT on 5-18:
RESOLVED: The APC will begin its first Party Summit immediately following the end of the current Great Council. This Summit will have the purpose of writing a full platform, governing document over the structure of the party, and electing party leadership as needed. The current party Chair and Vice Chair will serve as Co-Chairs for this Summit with the power to call and end votes.
Has Been
What's Next?

Aye, obviously

(05-15-2016, 03:13 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Aye, obviously

Vote in the poll please Ryccia.
Has Been
What's Next?