We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What media are you consuming at the moment?

This is a thread to log and discuss any media you are reading, watching, playing or otherwise experiencing at the moment.

I could not find another thread for this purpose, but if there is one, please let me know and I'll delete this.

I'm currently reading the final book in Philip Reeve's Mortal Engines series, A Darkling Plain.  I've really been enjoying this series for its word-building and characterisation, as well as a willingness to play around with old genre tropes.  I'm going rather more slowly through the last book than the others, but that's mainly because of the amount of time I'm spending here (you're eating my life! :p)

I'm currently watching: The X Files season 6, Supernatural Season 11, Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4, Angel season 1, Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 2 (with my daughter) and I've just started into the Phoenix Wright anime.  Phew!

I'm also in the middle of too many video games.  Most prominent amongst them: Assassin's Creed: Rogue, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

It's possible I lack focus...
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

I'm (obviously) playing NationStates and I ocassionaly play Kerbal Space Program.

I'm reading a book called Detectives in the Old Palermo, a relatively short book that I chose because I'm busy with midterms week. I still have a long list of books, part of my one-book-per-week goal for this year.

I'm watching The X Files (Season 1) and want to watch Civil War soon.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I play NationStates. I don't have time to play anything else ;(

I'm currently reading the 'Gone' series by Michael Grant. I'm up to the book 'Plague'. It's quite long so... I'll be reading it for a while.

And not watching anything at the moment Happywide
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Haven't heard of that series. What's it about? (I know I could just look it up on Wikipedia, but then we wouldn't be discussing it!)
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

I'm currently watching Hornblower, Okkupert/Occupied and some Star Trek. Gaming is quite sporadic nowadays, and I'm saving the books for the summer Happywide
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

I forgot that I am also watching The Magicians, which is stupid since it was on tonight. 2nd episode. Have advanced from 'intrigued but uncertain' to 'actually this might be really good'.

I'm currently trying to finish both Far Cry 4 and GTA V before the people who loaned them to my brother take them back.

I'm also reading a book called The Good Soldier Švejk. It's a Czech satirical novel about the experiences of a mentally unfit Czech soldier (fighting for Austria-Hungary) in the First World War. I'm a huge history nerd, so it caught my eye as soon as I heard about it. The only problem is that it was never finished, so I'm not expecting a good ending Sad
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

(05-12-2016, 09:05 PM)RandomGuy199 Wrote: I'm also reading a book called The Good Soldier Švejk. It's a Czech satirical novel about the experiences of a mentally unfit Czech soldier (fighting for Austria-Hungary) in the First World War. I'm a huge history nerd, so it caught my eye as soon as I heard about it. The only problem is that it was never finished, so I'm not expecting a good ending Sad

It sounds really interesting!

I'm reading/just finished reading. Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton. Really good book

Reading: War and Peace
Watching: VEEP
Playing: Fire Emblem & Pokemon
Listening: Bamboleo
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains