We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Do you support the enactment of Commend Hell?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
11.11%
1 11.11%
Nay
77.78%
7 77.78%
Abstain
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[PASSED] Commend Hell

Commend Hell
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation
NomineeHell
Proposed by[Image: yokiria__713577t2.jpg]Yokiria

Forum threadhttps://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic...4&t=378086

Description: Description: The Security Council,

Aware of the irony,

Recognizing that the founding nation of Hell, SATAN, no longer exists,

Recalling that in similar situations, regional communities usually displace and sometimes disband,

Indicating Hell as a particularly bright exception to the aforementioned rule,

Applauding the unique model used by Hell's native community to protect themselves from invasion while still accepting newcomers,

Noting that the native community requires newcomers to pass a series of tests while residing in its sister region, Underworld,

Further noting that nations in Hell are required to hold membership in the WA, and that the pathway to enter Hell is changed before and after new nation(s) are provided prearranged entry,

Observing that Hell has its own regional publication named "Hell's Bells", which is driven by native nations' submissions to the publication and helps keep the region alive,

Amazed by the founderless community's exceptional tolerance of nations with diverse backgrounds, both within and outside of their community,

Praising the Hell community for its extraordinary resolve in enduring hardship, and its strive in protecting itself from invaders,

Encouraging other regions and communities to look to Hell as a role model when under the threat of displacement and invasion,

Hereby Commends Hell.

Obviously FOR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

I don't know who or what this is, but the amount that I've been lobbied for this is ridiculous.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(05-25-2016, 08:50 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: I don't know who or what this is, but the amount that I've been lobbied for this is ridiculous.

Which is why I voted against. Regardless of how well written it is - and it s well written - I don't see a real reason to commend them for that, the argument is garbage.
You are just a puppet... You have no soul!
[Image: HW5PB6l.jpg]

(05-25-2016, 09:36 AM)Elegarth Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 08:50 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: I don't know who or what this is, but the amount that I've been lobbied for this is ridiculous.

Which is why I voted against. Regardless of how well written it is - and it s well written - I don't see a real reason to commend them for that, the argument is garbage.

Right? I'm seriously becoming suspicious of this. I've gotten two different TGs *today* asking me to vote for it — and they all seem generally form-like as Cormac's original message.

One of the messages today informed me how the discussion here is going as a reason for withdrawing my vote until my region can come to a decision. (TSP WA nations are 57% against.)
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'm not even sure what we're commending them for. Having a regional government?

Holding an ingenious way to welcome newcomers whilst also being highly raider-secure.

ProfessorHenn
Legislator

So... Any region with a password and a half-decent sense of security?
I don't see what makes Hell any more special than another founder region. Especially when their founder was DEATed for spamming
SibDis

Their region is closed off, newcomers have to reside in a sister region until they're allowed it. It's just regional, forum wise, I'm sure they're the same.

ProfessorHenn
Legislator