We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Forum Reorg Proposal

Hi all —

Forum reorganization has been something bantered about since well ... Hileville's delegacy. Or perhaps even before. However, now that we have a sitting government, I think it's time we start discussing this.

This setup doesn't work great since a lot of our regional needs has changed.

Below is a reorganization Kris had worked out a couple days/weeks ago. The idea would be to limit the how much is on the homepage and shift things around a bit.

Quote:[Introduction Category]
>>[Registration Forum]
>>[Information Forum]
>>[Administration Forum]
>>>>>>[Private Administration Forum]

[OOC Category]
>>[Informal Conversation Forum]
>>>>>>[Forum Games Forum]
>>>>>>[Real Life Discussion Forum]
>>[NationStates Forum]
>>>>>>[State Newspaper Forum]
>>>>>>[Political Organisation Forum]

[Roleplay Category]
>>[Introduction Forum]
>>[MT Roleplay Forum]
>>>>>>[Diplomatic Roleplay Forum]
>>>>>>[Media Roleplay Forum]
>>>>>>[National Information Forum]
>>>>>>[Cartography Forum]
>>[Non-MT Roleplay Forum]

[Regional Government Category]
>>[Legislature Forum]
>>>>>>[Legislator Applications]
>>>>>>[Private Legislature Forum]
>>>>>>[Voting Forum]
>>>>>>[Legal Repository Forum]
>>[Executive Forum]
>>>>>>[Cabinet Private Forum]
>>>>>>[Regional Affairs Private Forum]
>>>>>>[Foreign Affairs Private Forum]
>>>>>>[Military Affairs Private Forum]
>>[Judiciary Forum]
>>[Security Body Forum]
>>>>>>[Security Body Private Forum]

[Archives Category]
>>[Archived Threads Forum]
>>[Former Forums Redirect]

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I think it will be incredibly important for the Government to sound off on their area(s).

One possible thing I see right now — do we need an LC forum? Or maybe in-game area or delegate and LC?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I like the proposed layout generally, although I don't feel qualified to say whether it meets ask requirements. Certainly the Roleplay forum looks comprehensive and well laid out.

I would also be in favour of an area reserved for the delegate and LCs. Depending on the name up of that grouping it might not get used much, but I think it's important to have the option.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

So please don't call it state newspaper forum as SPN is not state owned.
Will each media outlet get their own subforum?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

There are only generic names in the above proposal. How each category and subforum is called will ideally be discussed in this thread.

Our proposal does not contemplate giving its own subforum to SPN or to any private newspaper. I will not say it is definitely off the table, but since we aim at keeping the forum structure as simple as possible, any argument to the contrary would need to be very persuasive.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(06-27-2016, 07:36 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: There are only generic names in the above proposal. How each category and subforum is called will ideally be discussed in this thread.

Our proposal does not contemplate giving its own subforum to SPN or to any private newspaper. I will not say it is definitely off the table, but since we aim at keeping the forum structure as simple as possible, any argument to the contrary would need to be very persuasive.

I'd like to follow up here to point out that I don't think the admins want to be in a position of stating of what is and isn't a legitimate news org deserving of its own forum. We've generally always had a position for the SPINN, but others (ie. the Southern Journal) have generally been added with the blessing of the government.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

So if SPN was renamed SPINN we would have a forum? We are a South Pacific Independent News Network. Just we are named South Pacific News
The MoRA sees SPN and SJ as equal but different. He sees it as important that TSP has 2 news sources with different formats. We are establishing a joint bureau with SJ soon and they see us as working as equal orgs. I know I'm biased here but we are a legitimate news org. Just give use consideration or talk to the MoRA about it if I need gov't blessing.
Has Been
What's Next?

Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

You are missing the issue here. Personally I think your newspaper is awesome, but as admins we can't be making judgement calls about which newspapers deserve their own subforums, and in any case making multiple subforums would run counter to our stated goal of keeping the forum structure as simple as possible.

If you want to take SPINN then that is your right, as per longstanding tradition, but you need to keep in mind that SPINN is not a descriptor for any independent newspaper, it is a specific newspaper that has been managed by multiple people.

Still, I think all three admins will tell you that adding subforums every time a newspaper asks is unlikely to happen. That is why the Real Time and Treasure Island subforums have been cut in the above proposal.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

So what would we need to do? Is there a way for SPN to get a subforum or do we just new to keep taking over the general forum?
Has Been
What's Next?

Here — I asked the executive branch to decide what to do in this situation: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-4264.html
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(06-27-2016, 10:48 PM)Omega Wrote: So what would we need to do? Is there a way for SPN to get a subforum or do we just new to keep taking over the general forum?

Unless I misunderstand unless you're the government newspaper noone is getting a subforum.