We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2016 Summer Olympics

Anyone watching the Olympics? Let's go USA!
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

*Points to himself* I've literally spent the entire day watching event after event, with little rest. Archery, judo, lots of swimming, basketball...

Obviously, I'm supporting by beloved country (¡Vamos Venezuela!), even if our chances of winning more than one medal are pretty slim; we always win a single medal, normally in boxing, combat sports and the like, and usually bronze (London was an exception; we won gold in fencing Tounge). The one that has given us hope lately is the basketball team, as they usually do well in other tournaments (three-time South American champions, baby!), but we got paired with the US and Serbia, so, yeah, not the best chances Sad

Now let's hope we can be the second South American country to win gold in these Olympics. Argentina beat us to it...
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

It's on at a terrible time for me, and I've struggled to get too interested in these Olympics with everything that's been happening, but we're off to a good start.

(08-06-2016, 11:55 PM)RandomGuy199 Wrote: *Points to himself* I've literally spent the entire day watching event after event, with little rest. Archery, judo, lots of swimming, basketball...

Obviously, I'm supporting by beloved country (¡Vamos Venezuela!), even if our chances of winning more than one medal are pretty slim; we always win a single medal, normally in boxing, combat sports and the like, and usually bronze (London was an exception; we won gold in fencing Tounge). The one that has given us hope lately is the basketball team, as they usually do well in other tournaments (three-time South American champions, baby!), but we got paired with the US and Serbia, so, yeah, not the best chances Sad

Now let's hope we can be the second South American country to win gold in these Olympics. Argentina beat us to it...

Group B isn't as easy. Four top ten teams. However, this is a sport that USA does great in.

CountryGroupRanking
United StatesA1
SpainB2
LithuaniaB3
ArgentinaB4
FranceA5
SerbiaA6
BrazilB9
AustraliaA11
CroatiaB12
ChinaA14
VenezuelaA22
NigeriaB25

My History

(08-07-2016, 12:32 AM)Qvait Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 11:55 PM)RandomGuy199 Wrote: *Points to himself* I've literally spent the entire day watching event after event, with little rest. Archery, judo, lots of swimming, basketball...

Group B isn't as easy. Four top ten teams. However, this is a sport that USA does great in.

CountryGroupRanking
United StatesA1
SpainB2
LithuaniaB3
ArgentinaB4
FranceA5
SerbiaA6
BrazilB9
AustraliaA11
CroatiaB12
ChinaA14
VenezuelaA22
NigeriaB25

Is that for the basketball?

(08-07-2016, 12:52 AM)Sam111 Wrote: Is that for the basketball?

Yeah.

My History

I'm expecting Australia to go a lot better than their ranking suggests. I'm very hopeful for a medal, although a gold one is probably a bridge too far.

(08-07-2016, 02:00 AM)Sam111 Wrote: I'm expecting Australia to go a lot better than their ranking suggests. I'm very hopeful for a medal, although a gold one is probably a bridge too far.

I'm surprised that Argentina is ranked fourth behind Lithuania. The US, Spain, and Argentina (since the early 2000s) have been the top three countries when it comes to men's basketball.

My History

The only sport I've seen is table tennis. Not a very interesting one...
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

New favourite Olympian, Adam Peaty.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice