We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Cabinet's Questions: MoRA

Hello!

This is the offical lunch of Cabinet's Questions! Our first vict- I mean interviewie is our MoRA Seraph! If you have any questions that you want to ask Seraph you can either list them down below or PM me your question. Depending on how many questions we get we will aim to get throught them all or as many as we can.

So ask away!
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

We will be conducting this interview tomorrow so if you have any more questions or you just thought of one now make sure to tell me before 9:00 PM GMT tomorrow!
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

• This is your first term in the Cabinet. How has that experience been so far?
  • Do you see a potential source of regional activity that has yet to be tapped?
  • Nearly 4 weeks in, how do you see the current progress of the Ministry in terms of the goals you have set for this term?
  • What have you learned from Z-Day that, assuming you were MoRA then, you would do differently next year? What worked well?
  • Cake or Pie?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Question One

a) Do you think more resources should be devoted to spurring forum activity, game-side activity, or an integration of the two?

b) If integration is your answer, do you envision that as forum players driving game-side activity, or in-game nations being drawn to the forum for events?

Question Two

We just published another Southern Journal. How satisfied are you with the direction of the publication right now?

(11-26-2016, 08:43 AM)Anapol Wrote: Question One

a) Do you think more resources should be devoted to spurring forum activity, game-side activity, or an integration of the two?

b) If integration is your answer, do you envision that as forum players driving game-side activity, or in-game nations being drawn to the forum for events?

Question Two

We just published another Southern Journal. How satisfied are you with the direction of the publication right now?

You've actually missed the deadline for these to be included in the article, but I'm happy to answer them directly.

One: a) I think that the integretion of our two communities is a worthwhile goal.  I also believe it's a next to impossible one, but that we should aim to achieve as much integration as possible, with a large number of people who are happy to straddle both sides of the community.

In truth we actually have three communities these days, as Discord is rapidly proving to be a third stream with plenty that only happens there and so it's important to create at least some continuity of community between all of these aspects, welcoming and involving those who choose not to move on to one or more of the others.

b) I've answered this a bit already above, I guess, but I don't think it's a simple as either of the options you've presented.  The key, as I said, is having some continuity of community across all the platforms we use and those 'core' players (if you like) driving activity in each of the areas they are active, as well as encouraging others to try out the other platforms as well.

We're never going to have a wholly homogeneous community, but that's okay, so long as we're doing our best to keep things going in all the areas people choose to congregate and that we advertise the other options well enough that no one is denied access to something they might like or would be good at owing to lack of information.

Two:  I'm very happy with it at the moment.  Punchwood is doing a good job of drawing things together and making sure we have different kinds of news in each issue.  We could be doing more, we could be pushing for better journalism, more ambitious projects, etc. but right now I'm more interested in doing things that allow newer players to get writing and taking part in each issue.  If/when we get a larger fellowship community, we can try to be more ambitious.

I hope those answers were good enough.  If you want more, you know where to find me. Smile
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Hey, it's a shame the questions won't be included, but I would've asked them anyway! Tounge