We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Executive Order: Local Council Election

See the order here.

As per Article VI Section 12 of the Charter, this executive order is now up for debate.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Good
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Approved as well.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

To discuss this ... we need to determine who should hold the RMB poll in such instances.

Should it be the CoA? Or someone else?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I think it's implied that this is done in consultation with the LC. Though, yeah, we _could_ spell it out.

Umm, the CoA definitely should not do this. The CoA's job is for the Assembly and has nothing to do at all with the game side.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(12-30-2016, 12:22 AM)Omega Wrote: Umm, the CoA definitely should not do this. The CoA's job is for the Assembly and has nothing to do at all with the game side.

"2. Any amendment that directly affects the game-side community or its home governance, as determined by the Chair of the Assembly, must also be debated and voted upon by the game-side community."

The CoA must make the determination whether this bill is passed game-side or not; how this is done is not specified but can be reasonably implied to involve working with the LC and/or Delegate, as they are the authorities for game-side matters.

In this case, the Cabinet opined that it does not need to wait on the Chair's determination, as this is such a clear case of game-side effect that had the CoA not deemed it to be so, a court case would have been waiting.

Just for the sake not having to waste influence making the Chair an RO each time this happens, we should just let the delegate or an LC member create the poll. I don't care which, personally.

(12-30-2016, 11:45 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: Just for the sake not having to waste influence making the Chair an RO each time this happens, we should just let the delegate or an LC member create the poll. I don't care which, personally.

It doesn't change influence to appoint/change ROs — it just takes time.

I don't care *who* does it ... but like a lot of things, if we don't designate one person, it doesn't get done.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(12-30-2016, 11:45 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: Just for the sake not having to waste influence making the Chair an RO each time this happens, we should just let the delegate or an LC member create the poll. I don't care which, personally.
Making an RO does not cost influence.

Gesendet von meinem Xtouch mit Tapatalk