We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Stronger in Unity | Sandaoguo for Delegate!

I’m running for Delegate because I believe that we are stronger together than we are divided. I’ve been dedicated to The South Pacific for the past four years, and I want to continue strengthening the bonds between our communities.

I believe that the in-game community is unique and should retain its special place in our region as a social hub, and not be transformed into a divisive political battleground. As Delegate, I support self-governance for the in-game community and the forums. We must strive to make joining both communities a seamless process, not by erasing our differences, but by embracing them.

The job of the Delegate is not to be an iron-fisted ruler, but a kind-hearted advisor to new and old players alike. I believe I have the experience and the capability to bridge our divides instead of exacerbating them.

With your vote, we can make The South Pacific the jewel of NationStates!

Advising the Local Council

The Local Council has been an interesting experiment in in-game governance, but a common complaint from Councilors has been that they’re unsure what their job actually is. The Delegate, as an experienced player, should be there to guide and advise newer players who want to work in the Local Council. As Delegate, I will support new players on the Local Council, introducing them to in-game governance and helping them make the in-game community into what they want it to be, rather than a carbon copy of the forum’s politics-oriented game.

I believe that surveys have shown time and again that most players don’t want the RMB filled with our often esoteric political debates, and certainly don’t want the acrimonious fights that come with it all. As Delegate, I would promote the idea of making in-game governance unique to the interests and characteristics of the RMB’s social hub feel. The best way to improve the TSP experience is to make it more welcoming, and cutthroat politics often has the opposite effect.

World Assembly

I’m currently a member of the six-person moderating group of the General Assembly, called the General Assembly Secretariat (or GenSec). At GenSec, my duties are to interpret the proposal writing rules and determine if submitted proposals violate them. This is a position of significant power granted to us for our long-term dedication and experience in that part of the game. Being a member of GenSec, I want to promote the importance of the World Assembly in our region. We’ve tried this in the past, but it was usually sidelined under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which had to deal with more pressing issues.

As Delegate, there’s not much to do on a day-to-day basis, so there’s a lot more time to dedicate to introducing TSP to the World Assembly. I would start by bringing the debate about issues raised in World Assembly proposals to the RMB. These proposals raise questions that are directly applicable to the real world, and would engender thoughtful debate. While the in-game community doesn’t want to get mired in TSP’s forum politics, it really does enjoy debating real-world issues!

From there, I would like to get a TSP-branded resolution passed. Again, this is an opportunity to work with the Local Council and the RMB, particularly on deciding which issue we should write on. We could also vote on the final product, before submitting it to the World Assembly. I think this would be a fun project and introduce an element of NationStates to many players who haven’t ever been involved in the World Assembly.

TSP's Security

I have a reputation for being highly dedicated to maintaining TSP’s sovereignty against attacks both foreign and domestic. The most consequential thing we can do to ensure TSP’s security is increase the influence distribution among our WA members. I want to work with The North Pacific and try to implement their World Assembly Program in our own region. My coding background would help with generating lists of new WA members, who’s gained the most endorsements, and other metrics by which we can recognize TSPers. This would be an intensive endeavor, so it’s the perfect opportunity for the Local Council, Ministry on Regional Affairs, and other volunteers to work together.

[Image: DooDzFU.png]

The future is brighter united. Let’s work together to make great things happen!

What is your opinion on CAIN?
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

Should you not be elected, what do you plan to do?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(01-02-2017, 07:06 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: What is your opinion on CAIN?

My personal thoughts on the current incarnation of CAIN are outlined here: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-4545-post-14...#pid142282

However, it's not the place of the Delegate to decide foreign policy or to tip the scales on our alliances. That's in the Cabinet's purview.

(01-02-2017, 08:07 PM)Omega Wrote: Should you not be elected, what do you plan to do?

I would return to being a private citizen. I'm not without things to do as it is Tounge None of my Delegate agenda would really be doable without holding the office, so I'd hope that the winner takes some inspiration from it all.

One thing I would certainly continue to do is be an advocate for the united two-communities approach to TSP. I genuinely believe the alternative will be a net negative for both of our communities.

I'm gonna assume the lack of questions means everybody likes my campaign and plans on voting for me Tounge <3

Nah, I just couldn't throw out a question to the RMB/forum-thing, as you have already written something about it above and other (for me) important questions don't come to mind yet.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

(01-05-2017, 04:28 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: I'm gonna assume the lack of questions means everybody likes my campaign and plans on voting for me Tounge <3
Yup! Tounge
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

You haven't had a direct role in TSP's government for a few months since you decided not to stand for election to any of the cabinet roles this term. How have you been using the (relative) free time and have you learned anything or gained any experience in that time which you think you can bring to the delegate role?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

You have a long record of service in various positions, possess key skills in different areas of regional governance and have good ideas on how to discharge the duties of the delegacy. I think the region would greatly benefit with your leadership as head of state, and it would be my pleasure to cast my vote to ensure you are elected.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Thanks Kris! I really appreciate your support!

Seraph: The biggest thing that I've been doing for the past few months is setting up GenSec, the new mod-ish group in the WA General Assembly that decides if a proposal is legal or illegal. That's involved quite a bit of work and team-building, as the members of GenSec are diverse in their opinions on the proposal rules.

I've still been very active in TSP, particularly in the Assembly. Working with TIL, I've proposed bills and amendments to address issues that have cropped up here and there. And I was just recently accepted into the CRS.

My experiences with GenSec so far have given me valuable lessons about moderating and collaborative decision-making. We have to reach majority agreements on our legal opinions, which often means debating and convincing each other to sign on to our ideas. I think this is an invaluable skill, because the Delegate is a thought leader in our region. A lot of people look to them for their opinions and expect them to help settle political divides that have proven insolvable in the normal process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk