We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TSP's Tide is High
Music 
Hello all — I come to you, once again, to ask for your vote for delegate.

It’s been nearly a year since I assumed the delegacy for the second time, but we all know I’m not the kind of man who gives up just like that.

[Image: OYrMuFj.gif]
[TSP riding on a tsu]

Even though had planned a wonderful retirement in Boca, I’m convinced that I still have something to offer the region and the community.

The tide is high, my friends, and I plan to make it higher!

[Image: vmoaamT.gif]
[tsu bringing in the tide]

Over the course of my time in TSP, I’ve always kept an eye on the future — developing talent and setting the stage for the next generation of South Pacificans should be all of our priority. And, I’m holding on to that belief.

Over my terms in office, we’ve welcomed new blood into the region — the next generation if you will — and the people I’m confident will be taking over for us old timers in the near future.

People like Roavin, Seraph, Omega and Starfire Islands are all offering ideas and vision for how the region should function and what it will look like in the years to come.

[Image: qMkgWrI.gif]
[tsu's tide on various people]

If I’m blessed enough, my next term will be dedicated to finding and nurturing new talent for our Assembly at large and for elected positions. I’ve tried to reach out and mentor people as I’ve been able, and I hope to double down on those efforts throughout the next six months.

My feelings remain that the delegate should be more of a figurehead than someone who offers up a sweeping legislative agenda. I trust our Prime Minister and other elected officials to handle that — as they’ve done so well over the course of my term.

As such, outside of putting forth my energy to make sure more voices are heard in the process, I’m not offering huge changes from what I’ve given over the past year or so.

This, I promise you:
  • Level-headed, calm and light hearted fun
  • Attempts to bring people together through discussion and debate
  • Continued emphasis on working with new players on the RMB and forums
  • A greater emphasis on connecting the RMB and forum communities
  • Increasing World Assembly membership
  • Creative insights and attempts to increase activity and participation
  • Kicking ass and taking names when needed
Serving TSP as delegate this past year has been full of challenges, but I’m proud of what we accomplished. I know we can continue to the tsupendous high tide of the region!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

I’m happy to take questions and, I hope I'm gonna be your number one!

[This campaign was paid for and endorsed by Deborah Harry.]

-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I fully stand by and endorse Tsunamy for Delegate.

However, I do ask, what is your position on CAIN?

Should we stay, fix or, leave CAIN?
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

(01-03-2017, 05:56 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: I fully stand by and endorse Tsunamy for Delegate.

Thanks for the support and for the question! 

If CAIN is targeting regions that are not directly lead by and/or supporting Nazi ideology, I think that's a definite problem. Overall, I supported the treaty because I think it's important to stand against such prejudice in NS at large, but people who aren't directly supporting that ideology shouldn't be attacked.

Ultimately, that's why I asked you to bring this up to the Assembly and asked @Sam111 about it. If this is what's happening, I think we should see if there's ways we can influence the treaty to protect these regions. If we can't change what the members of the treaty are doing at large, I think it would be prudent to abandon it.

Quick note: These are my personal feelings and would default to what the Cabinet ministers ultimately do, however, I don't think we want TSP creating ill will.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(01-03-2017, 05:35 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: My feelings remain that the delegate should be more of a figurehead than someone who offers up a sweeping legislative agenda.

Endorse +++++++

While I plan on giving you some honest competition, I'm secure enough in my ego to say TSP would do just fine under your caretaking <3

(01-03-2017, 06:14 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 05:56 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: I fully stand by and endorse Tsunamy for Delegate.

If CAIN is targeting regions that are not directly lead by and/or supporting Nazi ideology, I think that's a definite problem. Overall, I supported the treaty because I think it's important to stand against such prejudice in NS at large, but people who aren't directly supporting that ideology shouldn't be attacked.

Ultimately, that's why I asked you to bring this up to the Assembly and asked @Sam111 about it. If this is what's happening, I think we should see if there's ways we can influence the treaty to protect these regions. If we can't change what the members of the treaty are doing at large, I think it would be prudent to abandon it.

Quick note: These are my personal feelings and would default to what the Cabinet ministers ultimately do, however, I don't think we want TSP creating ill will.

Ah I see now. I have sent SJS Republic a tg on the discussion thread that I started.

Hoping to see his reply soon.

But I did send it 6 hours ago. So I am worried.

But right now more worried about this: https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_...#p23217023

As you may know, I am a fan of unicorns. Infact, I recommend reading this comic. http://www.gocomics.com/phoebe-and-her-u...2012/04/22

It is a good one.

But, I'm not so sure on your thoughts on them. 

Please, tell me that you like unicorns for more than a head on a wall or food or a trophy. Please, tell me that you would like a unicorn as a best friend.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC

What do you plan to do should you not be elected?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(01-03-2017, 07:30 PM)Omega Wrote: What do you plan to do should you not be elected?

Thanks for the question, Omega.

My long-term plan has been to return to writing for the SPINN or some other media outlet once I'm out of politics. I was telling Roavin about a research project I've been toying with, I'd likely undertake that for a media outlet.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(01-03-2017, 07:27 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote:

Ah I see now. I have sent SJS Republic a tg on the discussion thread that I started.

But right now more worried about this: https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_...#p23217023

As you may know, I am a fan of unicorns. Infact, I recommend reading this comic. http://www.gocomics.com/phoebe-and-her-u...2012/04/22

It is a good one.

Please, tell me that you like unicorns for more than a head on a wall or food or a trophy. Please, tell me that you would like a unicorn as a best friend.

Well, I do have a thing called RL, and I do need to sleep occasionally.

Tsu, what do you feel has been your greatest achievement throughout your term?

(01-03-2017, 11:11 PM)Sam111 Wrote: Well, I do have a thing called RL, and I do need to sleep occasionally.

And — I'll note — we have an Assembly discussion for the CAIN talk.

Otherwise: thanks for the question Sam! 

Honestly, this might sound a bit flip, but really surviving it. It's important to remember where we were last year and even six months ago, our current governing system was brand new. I think the fact that we were able to wade through the differences and still have a functioning region capable of governing I think is an achievement for all of us.

More personally, I happy I was able to create a stable environment, through game mechanisms and (I hope) political input, where our forum government could lead and also where our Local Council could start getting some legs.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(01-03-2017, 11:11 PM)Sam111 Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 07:27 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote:

It is a good one.

Well, I do have a thing called RL, and I do need to sleep occasionally.

Oh, sorry about that.

Tsu, why haven't you answered my question on unicorns?
- STARS Commander