We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Farengeto for Chair

Hello my fellow Legislators, I am running for Chair of the Assembly.

I'm no stranger to the Chair, having served for a term in 2015. I'm eager to return to the seat and serve again. Often these campaigns tend to include some kind of legislative promise, but I've always seen the Chair as a role solely about administration; the Chair should help encourage reforms rather than single handedly drive them.

My main goal as Chair will be to ensure a rapid and smooth operation of the Assembly. I believe the Chair should make sure all legislative acts (such as starting and ending a vote) should be handled within 24 hours. I also hope to work with the Local Council, ensuring any gameside polls can be conducted with minimal conflicts, without placing undue delays for either vote.

I also believe in mature and active Assembly moderation. In my years in TSP I've seen the Assembly at its best and its worst. Disagreements are inevitable but I intend to see that there is a reasonable degree of civility in the Assembly at all times.

While Legislator applications are a small part of the Chair's role, here too I hope to improve the process. I will strive to minimize processing delays, while also using my membership in the CRS to better screen for potential threats.

Finally, as Chair I would propose expanding the existing Brainstorming forum system. These forums have been occasionally used over the years by Chairs for their pet projects, but I would like to extend this concept into something more open. Large proposals involving many people can prove impossible to organize without external tools, and under my proposal these larger groups would be able to request a temporary brainstorming forum. These can be used for writing or merely just as a centralized organizational area. The ultimate goal is a semi-private space on the forums to help groups start writing proposals. Given the technical elements involved, this proposal would of course require discussion with the admins, but I hope to turn this underutilized area into a system that will make proposal writing easier for legislators.

TIL is happy to endorse fellow member Farengeto for Chair of Assembly!
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]