We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Time for a New Guy! Zak for Delegate!
Exclamation 
Time for a New Guy! Zak for Delegate!

Hey guys,
It's been a while, but I have finally recovered from my severe losses during the MoRA elections and I am ready to run for delegate.
Most of you know me but here is a quick rundown of who I am:
- Almost two years of playing NationStates (I'm Zadiner on NS and Zak6858 on the forum)
- TSP resident since the beginning
- Active on the RMB and forum
- Been part of the assembly for a long time and have run for Local Council and MoRA, never secured a spot though Sad
I believe I can bring new blood to the government and provide the region with a fun term!

Delegate's Job
I agree with sandaoguo and Tsunamy on the basis that the Delegate should remain a figurehead (no copying, I swear!). The Prime Minister and the Cabinet is what takes care of all that nitty-gritty disgusting political stuff. The Delegate's job is to help the Local Council and to take care of matters which arise gameside. They also need to monitor the RMB but maintain a positive and active presence on their. While what I've lined out doesn't seem hard, issues can arise and I believe I will be able to handle them. I also believe the delegate needs to be open to suggestions from any member of the region and to encourage members to come up with them.

Some ideas I have
- World Assembly
While my idea for the WA is not as sophisticated as Glen's idea, I would just like to get more nations involved in it. I am unsure as to how I could go about this but I would be open to suggestions from anyone who has an idea. I also promise to assign TSP's block vote the way our region members want to vote on resolutions.

- Working with MoRA
If I am elected I would like to maintain a close relationship with the Minister of Regional Affairs. I will help promote festivals and events occurring forum side and gameside. I had an idea last time I ran for MoRA which was to create a gameside Fellowship program for residents who don't wish to join our forum. I would also be open to creating some roleplay just for our region on the NS forum which doesn't require signing up for. While I don't want to take MoRA's job, I believe the delegate should play an important role in helping them.

- RMB and Polls
If elected I will continue to maintain my active presence on the RMB. With the other Regional Officers I will monitor the board for anything inappropriate, however I won't shut down your political discussions or any heated debates unless it's really disruptive or inappropriate. I'm all for free speech and all our members should get an equal say. I'm also going to work with the Local Council to create fun and engaging polls and possibly some games we can play on the RMB.

- Regarding CAIN...
While I am a strong supporter of CAIN and anti-Nazism, it is not my job to meddle with those sorts of things. Discussions with other CAIN members and our commitment to it is something the Cabinet should handle, and I will accept whichever path they choose (which basically means I won't randomly coup or something).

Sorry if this was too long but I wanted to make sure everyone knows what I can offer so I can be elected Happywide
But I do believe all the other candidates are worthy for this position and I offer them support and wish them good luck.

If there's any questions post them in this thread or message me. I will reply as soon as I can.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

What do you plan to do, should you not be elected?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(01-04-2017, 12:09 AM)Omega Wrote: What do you plan to do, should you not be elected?

I plan to just go back to being a normal citizen. I might have a go a the next Cabinet elections, but that's unlikely. I think I'll join the MoRA again and help out where I can. Other than that, just existing is what I'll do Happywide
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.

Zak — I'm glad to see you're running, we def. need to get some new blood up in here.

That said, I can't help but notice you then you lash out when you get angry — recently at me on the RMB but also during (I believe) an MoRA campaign, as well.

I'm not trying to dredge up the past unnecessarily (I've have my fair share of outbursts as well), but wonder (a) if you've learned anything from such instances and (b) how do you think you would cope with stressful situations (and people) as delegate?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

If I may add my question here too.

What's your pov of the RMB/forums-thing? We're a diverse region and, as far as I saw it, when I was reading/writing on the RMB, we need to connect the RMB and the forum a bit more again. Maybe just through motivating more people to gain legislator status and be active, when it comes to participation of TSP-politics or roleplays or anything like that.
What would you wanna do in this direction? Would you wanna do anything about it anyway or is there no need for this "reconnecting" in your opinion?
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

(01-04-2017, 10:29 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Zak — I'm glad to see you're running, we def. need to get some new blood up in here.

That said, I can't help but notice you then you lash out when you get angry — recently at me on the RMB but also during (I believe) an MoRA campaign, as well.

I'm not trying to dredge up the past unnecessarily (I've have my fair share of outbursts as well), but wonder (a) if you've learned anything from such instances and (b) how do you think you would cope with stressful situations (and people) as delegate?

Well that MoRA campaign time was because of Cormac, and this time it was continued discussion of Trump.
Silliness aside, this is something I have inherited in real life, and I need to be better at controlling. I know this probably doesn't sound relevant but after a long time of not being able to say something against someone who is wrong (RL), when I get the chance here I do it. I just always believe I am right.

A) I do learn from it. I made up with Herp almost immediately and after sending a rude telegram to someone, I felt bad. Luckily they didn't care too much.
B) I guess I will have to do my best to not lash out. I know that a delegate should be helpful and kind, and I have to keep that sort of mindset while dealing with it. I had many stressful situations before in my life and dealt with them, I just need to forget that I can say whatever I want here and deal with them like I know how to.
Sorry if that was long and unecessary.
(01-04-2017, 05:54 PM)GI-Land Wrote: If I may add my question here too.

What's your pov of the RMB/forums-thing? We're a diverse region and, as far as I saw it, when I was reading/writing on the RMB, we need to connect the RMB and the forum a bit more again. Maybe just through motivating more people to gain legislator status and be active, when it comes to participation of TSP-politics or roleplays or anything like that.
What would you wanna do in this direction? Would you wanna do anything about it anyway or is there no need for this "reconnecting" in your opinion?

I do think you have a point, but last time we tried to get people on the forum nothing really happened. I am a person who wants politics mostly out of the RMB if it doesn't need to be there. The RMB is for general chat. If we want to get more forum participation we need to look at the other Pacifics. TNP has a massive forum population, but a fairly bland forum compared to us.
I think we could go about this another way with my idea of putting stuff on the NS forums which is easy to navigate and doesn't require sign up. My idea of gameside fellowship program could also be another way of interesting more people in the region.

All candidates, who do you think is best gen 7 pokemon starter?

Popplio, Rowlet, or Litten?
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

Litten, though as Pokemon has progressed the starters have just gotten ridiculous

(01-10-2017, 11:33 PM)Zak6858 Wrote: Litten, though as Pokemon has progressed the starters have just gotten ridiculous

Thanks for answering my question.

I chose Popplio btw.
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

Ik