We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

With You, For You, For TSP!

Hello again, Drugged Monkeys here.

Once again I find myself writing a campaign thread for an elected position in The South Pacific, only this time it’s for Delegate. I’ve been around TSP for quite a long time now, holding numerous elected positions across years of service to this region, but this is the position I have always hoped to achieve. I have worked my way through the political scene here in TSP, always learning and growing, with the  hope of one day reaching the Delegate seat.

I‘ve had numerous friends, fellow citizens, elected officials, peers, and Delegates to help guide me to this moment in my TSP career, and would like to thank them all now before I go any further. Win or lose in this election, each and every one of you has helped me grow beyond my wildest dreams, and truly made TSP feel like home over all these years. Some of you are gone now, but many more remain, with even more still to come. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You.

Now to the part about of what I envision the Delegate’s duties are to our great region, and what I plan to do to fulfill them. As the Delegate, you are responsible for ensuring the security of the region, encouraging activity and growth within the region, and representing the game-side community along with the Local Council on the forum-side.

In regards to security, I have served TSP on the former CSS, and currently on the CRS. I have dedicated the majority of my time here serving these Committees dedicated to maintaining the security of the Coalition. On two occasions I have fought against coups aimed at dismantling the Coalition, working tirelessly to help restore order within the region. Our current security situation is relatively decent, with many tried and true TSPers on the CRS with high levels of influence and endorsements. Unfortunately, when you compare our security level to some of the other Feeders, especially The North Pacific, we fall short among them. We are certainly not in any immediate danger in regards to regional security, but when you look at the numbers, we need a lot of work. We rank 3rd among the 5 Feeders in WA Nations with 766, behind The North Pacific with an astonishing 1617, and The Pacific with 924. We rank 4th in % WA Endorsing the Delegate at 60%, behind The North Pacific with 79%, The West Pacific with 70%, and The Pacific with 65%. The further down the list of CRS members you go, the worse the percentage gets, and all this despite having the 2nd highest endorsement cap among Feeders. So one of my main focuses if elected will to be to work with the CRS to help increase our level of security in the region. Having been on the CRS for as long as I have, this is no easy task, so we will need to potentially work with the other feeder regions to figure out the best course of action to accomplish this. In addition, I believe this will also help improve regional activity.

When it comes to regional activity, I’ll admit it’s not my strongest area, but that does not mean it won’t be a large part of my focus if elected. After all, I’d have the Local Council and the Minister of Regional Affairs to help me achieve increased activity as well. I believe a big part of regional activity is letting the members of the region engage more with the Delegate, and region as a whole, via the Regional Message Board and World Factbook Entry. To do this, I would select a TSP member nation weekly to be chosen as the Citizen of the Week. After you are selected as Citizen of the Week, you would be allowed to do any number of things with the WFE, such as having your favorite song posted for everyone in the region to see, or the link to a news article your fond of that you would like to share, among other things. Additionally, if you choose, you could have a region wide telegram sent out via the Delegate about anything your heart desired (PG). I know some of this may sound a bit silly, but anything is better than nothing when it comes to promoting activity. Along with these ideas, I would like to frequently host some regional games in specially created themed regions in order to promote friendship and team building among our citizens, and even allied regions. To top it off, I believe the Delegate should also promote multiple citizenship among our allied regions. Working with the heads of state in our allied regions, we could help promote a whole web of activity across our regions by encouraging interregional citizenship. Working with each other is a win for everyone.

As far as representing the game-side regional members within the forum-side government, I think my past history and experience would be of great value in this duty of the Delegate. I have lobbied and compromised within the halls of the Assembly for years, and even written or helped write some amendments as well. I may not be the most well-versed of some of the other candidates, but I certainly know my way around when it comes to politics and the best interests of our citizens. Along with the Local Council, the Delegate is supposed to represent the “preferences of the game-side community”, and I think this area of the Delegate’s duties may need the most work of all. The game-side now has the largest voice it has ever had within the government of The South Pacific, but the key to that voice is how it is used. Initially, the outlook was promising with the most recent revamping of the Charter, but that outlook has only gotten worse as time has gone on. Even at its best, the game-side participation was a minuscule amount compared to the size of our region. Along with promoting activity within the region, I hope to also increase the volume of the regional voice by increasing involvement in the regional polls related to the forum government. Dispatches will play a large part in spreading the word among our regional members about upcoming or ongoing Assembly discussions, as well as upcoming and ongoing elections. The more involvement we have among game-side members, the loader our voice will be among its government.

In closing, all of the candidates running in this elections have excellent platforms that would no doubt help take our region to the next level. My only hope is that the Region as a whole supports the winner of this election with the same amount of effort and devotion that they have given to the region.

Thank you for your time.

I will take any questions now.
Semi-Unretired

What do you do to handle unruly monkeys?

(01-04-2017, 08:41 PM)Lord Ravenclaw Wrote: What do you do to handle unruly monkeys?

Why drug them up of course. Unruly monkeys are not properly drugged.
Semi-Unretired

What do you plan to do should you not be elected?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(01-04-2017, 11:33 PM)Omega Wrote: What do you plan to do should you not be elected?

Well, I would still be Prime Minister until the end of the current Cabinet term, and also still a member of the CRS. My work with the Cabinet would continue until end of term, at which time I would evaluate my next steps.
Regardless of winning or losing, I am about to start another semester of college, which allows me more time to spend on NS. I will devote much more of my time on TSP working with whomever takes the Delegate seat, as I have done with Tsu all these months.
Semi-Unretired

What is your stance on CAIN?
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

(01-05-2017, 01:26 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: What is your stance on CAIN?

I don't have much of an opinion on it. As the Cabinet, we reviewed minor details of it before entering, but ultimately left the handling of Foreign Affairs up to our Minister of Foreign Affairs.
The idea is great, as all joint ventures are between multiple regions, but we will all have to wait and see how it plays out.
Semi-Unretired

Great to see you running Drugged Monkeys!

What part of internal activity do you think you could best contribute to as delegate?

If you're elected, there'd be a vacancy in the PM office to be filled by Cabinet appointment. Who would you support replacing you?

(01-05-2017, 06:51 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: If you're elected, there'd be a vacancy in the PM office to be filled by Cabinet appointment. Who would you support replacing you?

I would support whomever the Cabinet chose to be my successor to finish out the remaining weeks of the term. The next scheduled to begin February first, and would expect to see many amazing potential candidates. My first run at PM, my only opponent was Farengeto, and he had an excellent campaign and was barely edged out in the votes. The second time around, I ran unopposed so I'd be interested to see who makes a run this time around.
Semi-Unretired