We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Promotion of Vietnam to General

The South Pacific Special Forces wishes to appoint United States of Vietnam as General. The promotion announcement can be found here. As per Charter X.2, an appointment as General requires approval by the Assembly, which I hereby request and motion for vote.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

If it needs a second, count this as one, I'm still learning Assembly rules.

Having served numerous times on the field with Vietnam, I can without a doubt vote in confidence for his promotion to General. It's a well-deserved promotion, and one that will only help the SPSF become greater.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

As MoMA, I'll defer to your judgement here. I don't know of any glaring issues I'd have with Vietnam as a General.

Although I am rather unfamiliar as to the specific qualifications for a General, I believe Vietnam has been an amazing leader and rolemodel, especially for me. I gladly support his promotion to General.

You may count this as a second as well.

[Image: W9Gx775.png?2]
Wintreath Thane of Diplomatic Officers

Fmr. Local Councillor (9/9/15 - c. 10/15)

Discord:Katie#3933

I haven't seen much military action, but I don't see a reason why not to support this. I second this as well.
John Hills- President of Ausstan

I don't know Vietnam enough to really comment either way. Could you provide some more details of his military record Roa?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

(01-15-2017, 08:39 PM)Belschaft Wrote: I don't know Vietnam enough to really comment either way. Could you provide some more details of his military record Roa?

Vietnam joined in July 2016, shortly after I did; his first mission was a successful liberation with SPSF. He went inactive in the military briefly before coming back full force in September. Starting then, he's been a regular; often participating in both updates.

In October, he learned how to trigger and was so good at it immediately that he gained access to my personal trigger setting script, which he has been using and continuously improved. He's also learned how to trigger from arbitrary nations rather than dedicated trigger nations, a very rare skill in gameplay that is necessary for some regions that are located just after big regions.

Starting around November, he has been the one setting the triggers for a majority of defense operations, both for SPSF-only operations and for operations with SPSF and allies. Furthermore, with his promotion to Officer in October, he took his new role as leading soldier very seriously, and has been leading many, many operations and updates with others or by himself in that time.

I appreciate the endorsement by Tim, an incredibly experienced gameplayer for many years; his words on this should be worth much more than mine.

Sooooo. Vote? :>

(01-17-2017, 02:37 PM)Roavin Wrote: Sooooo. Vote? :>

You need to wait until 1-18-17 at 11:50 GMT
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(01-16-2017, 04:32 PM)Roavin Wrote: I appreciate the endorsement by Tim, an incredibly experienced gameplayer for many years; his words on this should be worth much more than mine.
His words not mine *sigs*
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"