We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Any Ice Fishers out there?

Greetings fellow Rulers, Presidents, Prime minsters and delegates,
After a troubling end of year and festive season my nation was running like clockwork and I decided that I could leave my VP in command while I slipped out for a few hours...
...I arrived to my fishing spot and it was thick with ice 40cm/16in. This was to set to be my first time ice fishing. Although, hopefully this isn't the last time I see a big freeze and I hope real world nations follow our lead with many green nations in TSP. But back with the fishing, it was wonderful. The fish were only 3 and none bigger than a finger but being out in the middle of nowhere, everything white with ice, the peacefulness of it. It was magical.
Even having to hand drill some holes through the ice added some mystery. It was cold but so still with no wind nor rain. I was perfectly warm in my ski suit and the water was so clear! Bringing one bait up from the bottom a perch followed it almost to the surface, but it didn't take. Next weekend i'll be back, Next weekend
But then I returned to see my VP approving a new mining contract and the civil rights had taken a dip. I almost sent her to a "reeducation camp" but realized doing so the old Political freedoms would take a dive too. So she's on her last warning and I'm on the lookout for a replacement from the parliament benches.

To answer the thread question (that I liked your text should be obvious Happywide):

No, never went ice fishing Sad
In Germany (and GI-Land) we don't have nice lakes/seas with a thick ice layer, where you could do that unfortunately, but I would definitely try it out Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

What is ...'ice'..?
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(01-24-2017, 03:09 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: What is ...'ice'..?
It's like the Ayers rock, but consists of water and is cold and wetter.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

(01-24-2017, 08:21 AM)GI-Land Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 03:09 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: What is ...'ice'..?
It's like the Ayers rock, but consists of water and is cold and wetter.

Just a tip, it's known as Uluru. 'Ayers Rock is kind of racist and ignorant towards the Aborigenes
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

*Laughs in equator*
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

My region while located in the south pacific and is a lovely tropical paradise, we have real mountains with snow capped peaks Smile And my Vice President has started talking sense and has apologised for her mishandling of issues last weekend and has promised to improve on the environmental issues facing the great state of FreeFishers.

I'd have thought GI-land would have some possibilities? I'm close by in Hungary land and it doesn't happen every year. I was on a side arm of the great Danube. Even the Danube has 30% ice cover so far and we haven't gone above 0C all month. In fact, the other fisherman I went with is German, he has all the tools and equipment. The ice drill, sled, ice rods, ice rod rests, he always has all the gadgets

Come with me, my VP has shown a marked improvement and I will faithfully leave my Republic in her hands as I go forth and try to tempt something a little bigger, about 20 times bigger would still not be big! If i were to find one of the lurking catfish it would be amazing, 10,000 times bigger than what i caught last weekend. Though the chance of me hooking it is very slim and the chance to land it if i hooked it... it would be a titanic struggle

It is with a worry that my Republic of FreeFishers needs such a guiding hand from myself and my wish would be that the more mundane and crackpot ideas were thinned before being placed on my desk. But it is with relish that I answer to them all, to build the republic as I see fit. Perhaps in time the history books will not be kind but it is not for them that i judge the issues. It is for my people and my people's people!

(01-25-2017, 03:17 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: Just a tip, it's known as Uluru. 'Ayers Rock is kind of racist and ignorant towards the Aborigenes

I knew the name Uluru and it was originally introduced to me with this name too. I just wasn't sure, what's better to say now.
Thank you for answering me this indirect question Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

(01-25-2017, 06:55 AM)FreeFishers Wrote: My region while located in the south pacific and is a lovely tropical paradise, we have real mountains with snow capped peaks Smile And my Vice President has started talking sense and has apologised for her mishandling of issues last weekend and has promised to improve on the environmental issues facing the great state of FreeFishers.

I'd have thought GI-land would have some possibilities? I'm close by in Hungary land and it doesn't happen every year. I was on a side arm of the great Danube. Even the Danube has 30% ice cover so far and we haven't gone above 0C all month. In fact, the other fisherman I went with is German, he has all the tools and equipment. The ice drill, sled, ice rods, ice rod rests, he always has all the gadgets

Come with me, my VP has shown a marked improvement and I will faithfully leave my Republic in her hands as I go forth and try to tempt something a little bigger, about 20 times bigger would still not be big! If i were to find one of the lurking catfish it would be amazing, 10,000 times bigger than what i caught last weekend. Though the chance of me hooking it is very slim and the chance to land it if i hooked it... it would be a titanic struggle

It is with a worry that my Republic of FreeFishers needs such a guiding hand from myself and my wish would be that the more mundane and crackpot ideas were thinned before being placed on my desk. But it is with relish that I answer to them all, to build the republic as I see fit. Perhaps in time the history books will not be kind but it is not for them that i judge the issues. It is for my people and my people's people!

Is this RP IC or are you saying that the place you're living in, in the south pacific islands, have mountains with snow peaks which enables you to icefish?
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
Rainbow 
(01-26-2017, 05:55 AM)Hammerstar Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 06:55 AM)FreeFishers Wrote: My region while located in the south pacific and is a lovely tropical paradise, we have real mountains with snow capped peaks Smile And my Vice President has started talking sense and has apologised for her mishandling of issues last weekend and has promised to improve on the environmental issues facing the great state of FreeFishers.

Is this RP IC or are you saying that the place you're living in, in the south pacific islands, have mountains with snow peaks which enables you to icefish?

Well, in the map of TSP i tried to claim 146 which does have a mountain up to 4658m, with a river going up to the top. There'd be snow there and some ice covered lakes Smile
In reality, I'm in Europe, Hungary and we haven't seen positive Celsius all January so the lakes are frozen over.
In the post, I'm mixing it  up. I did go real ice fishing and thought it was cool. I just tried to link it into my nation. National animal is a Salmon and my user name is free fishers... i kinda have a fishy theme going on.