We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Request for Information

Dear Council Members,

I have several questions about the council. First, what is the current roster? The pinned thread in this sub-forum has not been updated. As far as I am aware, the Council consists of the nations Tsunamy, Drugged Monkeys, Farengeto, Kringalia, SJS Republic, and Sandaoguo. Is this correct?

Furthermore, I would like to inquire about the operation of the council, specifically as it pertains to its duty of "...monitoring ... regional security issues", as per IX.1 of the Charter. 
  • Further than monitoring and enforcing the endorsement cap, are there other proactive monitoring measures that the council takes?
  • Is the council continuously aware of organizations that may credibly wish to and/or have the capacity to overthrow or subvert the Coalition?
  • Does the council monitor all applicants to the legislature for potential security risks (as is implicitly its duty as per IV.3 of the Charter)? If so, in which ways?
  • How and in which ways do the individual council members keep themselves informed regarding international happenings that may have security relevance?
  • As per VI.10, the Minister of Military Affairs and this council may together elect to establish an intelligence office. At this time, this is not the case. What is the council's opinion on establishing such an office, with regard to necessity, benefits, possible drawbacks, and what the two component parts can contribute to such an office?
Obviously, I understand that some of these questions may not be fully answerable due to operational security; nonetheless, I hope that the council can address these questions as fully as reasonably possible within these constraints to help upkeep the faith of our citizens in this institution's effectiveness.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

(01-26-2017, 11:32 AM)Roavin Wrote: I have several questions about the council. First, what is the current roster? The pinned thread in this sub-forum has not been updated. As far as I am aware, the Council consists of the nations Tsunamy, Drugged Monkeys, Farengeto, Kringalia, SJS Republic, and Sandaoguo. Is this correct?

That is correct. I will consult with the Committee on the remainder of your questions.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Bump.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Official Response
Council on Regional Security

The Council on Regional Security appreciates the interest on its constitutionally mandated mission and welcomes the opportunity to inform the public on the work it does to guarante the security of the region. Given the obscure nature of its duties, the Council welcomes any occasion to respond to inquiries about its role within the region.

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to provide much of the information requested without compromising regional security. Please be assured that the Council permanently monitors the state of endorsement levels in the region and pays attention to foreign threats, events of interest and remains vigilant for any indication that regional security could be compromised. Our interest is always to act in pursuance of our constitutional duties and to take all steps necessary to ensure the security of the region and its members.

In response to your request for an opinion on the establishment of an intelligence agency, we are reluctant to speak on such a hypothetical, particularly in a public venue, but would welcome the opportunity to establish a formal dialogue with the Ministry of Military Affairs on the matter at a venue more adequate for such a discussion.

Thank you,

The Council on Regional Security