We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Trump Presidency

(01-29-2017, 12:47 AM)RandomGuy199 Wrote: Well, a week has passed since that orange goblin, Mr. Trump, was sworn in. He has since then boasted to everyone about the size of his inauguration crowd (and practically covered his ears while screaming when the media noted it wasn't as big as he said), kept bragging about the wall that he is totally going to build, and the American taxpayer shouldn't worry because Mexico will totally pay back the cost (even if Mexico keeps telling him to go fuck himself every time he brings it up), and enacted a ban on people from certain Muslim countries (not the ones where he has done business of course), essentially telling refugees fleeing goddamn ISIS, too bad, you're not getting in (unless you're Christian, of course).

However, among all those shitty news, I saw all those people marching in protest after the inauguration, and those protesting in the airports against the Muslim ban. Hundreds of thousands taking a stand against misogyny, xenophobia, racism, and all forms of bigotry. People of both ends of the spectrum clearly stating that they will fight against Trump's policies, and defend the right to a free press without governmental interference. So, before this thread is left to dust in the back of this subforum (somebody should create a "Trump Presidency" thread or something), I'll say: There's still a shimmer of hope in this world.

Americans, as somebody currently living in a dictatorship (let's hope you never get to that point), I give you my respect and support.
Well, here you go.
As Trump and his politics will be a broad subject to talk about the next few years, it wasn't a bad idea at all to open this thread.

Btw I'd interested now, if he really changed his mind regarding the NATO or if he, like he has done before, is just saying to Merkel (and indirectly to everyone else) NATO's good, while preparing the dagger thrust for the NATO.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

It's a strange sensation, as an American, to wake up and not know what new drama will occur because the president is uncivilized and cruel and a demagogue. That people that you know or care about can feel unsafe and to not know who or what will be targeted next. My aunt said, "They're going to roll back women's rights as soon as they can." All of the things that Trump said he would do, he is trying to do. It feels like the American people will be paying for it all and not the people at the top.

But hope is eternal. There are people protesting and standing in the cold and being humane and I'm trying to figure out what I can do even if its just to strive towards being better. That's the only thing that we can do, to speak out to protect those who don't have what we have.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

You can't take a stand against racism without being compared to an sJW.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

For a lot of people, being called a Social Justice Warrior is a badge of pride, but regardless, one shouldn't care about what other people think of you when standing up for what you believe to be right.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Right now, we have whole Muslim ban, the Wall, the National Security Council, women's health. Everything has been turned upside down. When Donald Trump said he is going to put tariffs on Mexico, aw, that will greatly hurt people like me who live in the Southwest, people who live close to Mexico. Going after Mexico and rolling back NAFTA is going to hurt us. Businesses will leave, and when they leave, jobs will leave too. Now, I understand that people in the Midwest may have different feelings about NAFTA, but what Donald Trump is doing is just nonsensical. Once those manufacturing jobs leave, they are never coming back. I feel for the guys in the Midwest, but we should not be implementing policies that benefit one region at the expense of another, we should be looking at implementing policies that everyone can benefit from the most.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Now, there are rumors about an anti-LGBT oriented executive order. The EO would allow federal agencies to refuse hiring prospective employees just because of their sexual orientation. Aw, I just cannot wait for the midterms and 2020! The Republicans had the Tea Party movement in 2010. At this rate, the Democratic counterpart of the Tea Party, which I believe is known as "The Resistance," will be showing up in droves, greater than that of the Tea Party.

My History

If those rumours are right:
Germany's borders are open for you adorable people :3

(too bad, I may not decide that)
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

He is just pissing off so many people. My mother, a lifelong Republican who voted for Republicans her whole life, voted for someone other than the Republican nominee, Donald Trump. She told me, "He is going to start a war!" This guy is a madman. The Doomsday Clock is the closest it's ever been to midnight since 1953! Man, for the longest time, I thought an outside actor would cause America's downfall. Little did I know that it would come from the inside.

My History

Where I come from, we learn at a very young age to show respect for each other, to show kindness. There is nothing respectful nor kind about Donald Trump. Many of the Trump supporters that I come across on Twitter are some of the most vile people I've ever come across. Here is the text of a conversation I was having just a few hours ago.

Quote:Person A
Days until achieving MAJORITY disapproval from @Gallup

Reagan: 727
Bush I: 1336
Clinton: 573
Bush II: 1205
Obama: 936

Trump: 8. days.

[Image: C3XD9pfWYAMInut.jpg]

Person B
America voted Trump for President. Get over it.

Me
The Electoral College voted for Trump. The American people voted for Clinton.

Person C
NO the #American people did NOT vote for that insane lying filthy murdering BITCH

Me
I don't think that is very Christianly to say. That is, if you are a Christian.

Person C
Oh you can't handle the truth? Oh well NOT my problem #Snowflake

Me
So, let's get this clear. You are not a Christian, nor do you have a shred of respect for others.

Person C
Look little boy I have shoes older than you! Run along and learn your history because you are ignorant to it go away #snowflake

Me
You are just proving my point with your condescending tone. I thought people grew more humble as they aged. I was so wrong.

Person C
Awe poor baby. Do u need you comfort animals, play doh, pizza parties, hugs, and most importantly a snot rag?

Me
No, I'm good, but I'll give you a hug for kindness's sake, because it looks like kindness was absent in your life.

My History

It's the rise of populism, the rise of the losers of neoliberalism and globalism and the resistance against the establishment.
Just be loud and rude and you've got a high chance to win and if someone at the top is loud and rude, you can be like that too....

I'm looking with big concerns over the Atlantic and, looking at our politics, I hope, that not more populists, whether it'll be Marine LePen or Geert Wilders or Björn Höcke get to be in power.
It'd be important to show everyone again, that populism, discrimination, antisemitism, etc. isn't a solution at all. We have to take fears away from the people, so this "movement" in the entire world gets stopped.
We don't want a WW3 (to exaggerate it all in a negative direction).
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)