We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Charter v. Legislator Application discrepancy

Just some cleaning up of the Legislator Application that I cam across this morning...

Article IV, Section 4 of the Charter of the South Pacific:
Quote:4. Continued legislator status requires active membership and good behavior. The Chair will remove legislator status from any person absent for three non-concurrent Assembly votes; legislators who have an approved leave of absence from the Chair shall not be considered absent.

(06-17-2016, 07:10 AM)Awe - Legislator Applications Wrote: In accordance with Article IV, Section... 4 of the Charter of the South Pacific
Quote:4. Continued legislator status requires active membership and good behavior. The Chair will remove legislator status from any person failing to vote in the last two official Assembly votes held on separate days, unless the Chair has granted a leave of absence. Additionally, the Chair may suspend privileges for disruptive members. Frequent suspensions may be grounds for ineligibility, if found appropriate in a fair trial by the High Court.

I'd assume that this is just an easy admin edit (if Awe isnt around to edit his own post). Just wanted to throw it our there...
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

I give my full support.

Yeah, so the laws were changed but the application wasn't. I don't have the power to fix it but that would need to be fixed.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(01-29-2017, 06:17 PM)Omega Wrote: Yeah, so the laws were changed but the application wasn't. I don't have the power to fix it but that would need to be fixed.
You could create a new and ask for the old one to be archived, but I imagine the admins can correct the opening post.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(01-29-2017, 06:46 PM)Seraph Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 06:17 PM)Omega Wrote: Yeah, so the laws were changed but the application wasn't. I don't have the power to fix it but that would need to be fixed.
You could create a new and ask for the old one to be archived, but I imagine the admins can correct the opening post.

We could ... but I don't feel super comfortable doing that.

Can we close out the remaining apps and start a new thread, Omega?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(01-29-2017, 07:14 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 06:46 PM)Seraph Wrote:

We could ... but I don't feel super comfortable doing that.

Can we close out the remaining apps and start a new thread, Omega?
Sure. I can give y'all the go ahead when I am ready.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(01-29-2017, 07:14 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: We could ... but I don't feel super comfortable doing that.

Merely out of curiosity, why? Isn't changing a couple of words easier and faster than having to write and post a whole new thread?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Beyond the practical reason that I don't think we need threads with excessive amounts of pages, I don't feel comfortable editing Awe's post without him here. At the end of the day, it's his post and changing it without him is appropriately changing his words.

I'm more willing to say that the word change isn't that big of a deal and that if we don't want a new thread we can just acknowledge the change in a new post or ignore the discrepancy altogether.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

My logic here is that this isn't really his post (as in, a statement solely him, reflecting his opinion) as much as a government post whose author he happens to be. It could've been made by whoever was Chair at the time, and the contents would've been the same. Same reason why the previous citizenship thread was updated to reflect changes to citizenship law.

We could always just switch post ownership, if anything.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I like the idea of creating a new thread too, multi=page threads that aren't spam can be a bit much for people scrolling through.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest