We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

February 2017 Cabinet and CoA elections endorsement process

All right! It's endorsement time...

The TIL and APCRC have agreed that we will try a cross endorsement as an experiment. In doing so, TIL will endorse Vietnam for MoMA, and the APC will endorse Roavin for MoFA.

Yes Gordon, you will be endorsed like the crazy person you are. <3
The APC will endorse Vietnam for MoMA.
This leaves PM, MoRA, MoFA, and CoA left to be endorsed.

So, the candidates for PM are Arcadia & Ameriga and Drugged Monkeys

The candidate for MoRA is Seraph (for this one we would vote to endorse, or decline to endorse)

The candidates for MoFA are Escade and Belschaft 

Finally, for CoA, there is Sandaoguo (Glen) and Rebeltopia

I open the floor to any debate on any candidate, I will begin the vote about 48 24 or so hours from now.
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

I personally believe DM is the best choice for PM but CoA I would like to hear some input on.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I'd just like to point out that since Vietnam is running unopposed, and Roavin is running in a highly competitive and contested election, you are really not getting anything out of that deal whatsoever.

This is the most stupid idea I've heard, just saying
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Would it be convenient for you lot if we simply ask Feir to cancel the elections?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Well so the deal with TIL was probably made WAY to early, however, the APCRC is committed to sticking by their word. Also, I can not stress enough that members are in no way forced to vote for who the party endorses.
Has Been
What's Next?

Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(02-06-2017, 12:05 PM)Omega Wrote: Well so the deal with TIL was probably made WAY to early, however, the APCRC is committed to sticking by their word. Also, I can not stress enough that members are in no way forced to vote for who the party endorses.

By way too early, you do mean before there was even a finalised list of candidates, never mind campaigns, don't you? This was, as far as I can determine, a quid-pro-quo where TIL gets to pick the MoFA in return for APC getting to pick the MoMA.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

So we will now also hold a primary for MoFa. I lean toward Escade on that one but again, I am interested to hear what y'all have to say.
Has Been
What's Next?

The thing I appreciate most about parties is the transparency. Priot to this we had people who mysteriously joined the forums around the time of elections and voted in a random person into an office such as MoFA who had 1. not contributed to the region in any way and 2. Dissapeared without doing anything in their position except for blocking people who were actively involved in the region from partaking. 3. Brought in foreign interests and politics and pre-empted them to regional ones.

Then, I actually really admire your will and motivation to mobilize as parties. It actually speaks to the old timers having to perhaps stop being isolated cells and actually work harder on compromising and wooing people.

At the end of the day parties are actually a healthy sign that the region will not stagnate under the same old same old and that people will need to work harder to be politicians that the majority wants to support.

Smile

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Thanks Escade!
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-