We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Decisions 2017

This thread is dedicated to elections occurring around the world in 2017, but mainly elections in France and Germany, which will be of the greatest consequence.

Before the revelations of possible corruption, it looked like François Fillon and Marine Le Pen were going to be going head-to-head in the second round, but now centrist Emmanuel Macron is now in second place, but not by a comfortable margin. Whether it's Fillon or Macron, the polls show that either of them will easily defeat Le Pen. However, the polls got it wrong in Brexit and Trump, so we should treat the polls with caution and skepticism.

[Image: xWz0SVV.png]

[Image: MSL6Ipl.png]

[Image: LPQ61ul.png]

On the other side of the Rhine, you have the federal elections where the polls show that Angela Merkel stands to remain in power, but Martin Schulz's party is gaining ground on Merkel's party. The election is a long time away, so lots could change before then.

[Image: bOIthCd.png]

(Edits have been made on this post, I have a keen eye for atrocious grammar.)
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

elections around the world eh?

[Image: tz5gVwC.png]

[Image: 18lTmeU.png]

Some quote it to be the decision point on the direction our nation shall go.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(02-07-2017, 01:52 PM)Qvait Wrote: This thread is dedicated to elections occurring around the world in 2017, but mainly elections in France and Germany, which will be of the greatest consequence.

Nice to have this thread here.
Now I know, where to put all those polls of this election year in.
A good indicator for the Bundestag-Election btw would be the state elections earlier this year. The first is already on the 26th March in the Saarland.
I'll happily keep y'all up to date for all those German elections Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Election of the German president

Tomorrow, on the 12th February 2017, the new German president gets elected.
It isn't a direct vote by the people, but one should maybe mention it nevertheless.

The president gets elected by the federal assembly, that consists of 1260 members. 630 of them are the recent MPs, the other 630 are partly members of the state parliaments and partly "chosen ones" by the parties.

Since the recent president, Joachim Gauck, didn't want to get elected anymore, these are the candidates of this election:

Candidate Occupation Supporting Party/Parties
[Image: 83px-Frank-Walter_Steinmeier_Feb_2014_%28cropped%29.jpg]

Frank-Walter Steinmeier (61)
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs SPD, CDU/CSU, FDP, Grüne
[Image: 85px-DIE_LINKE_Bundesparteitag_Mai_2014_...istoph.jpg]

Christoph Butterwegge (66)
Poverty researcher Die Linke
[Image: 116px-Albrecht_Glaser_2015.jpg]

Albrecht Glaser (75)
Politician AfD
[Image: 120px-Alexander_Hold.jpg]

Alexander Hold (54)
Judge, Politician, TV-Star Freie Wähler
[Image: DWO-IP-Nachgefragt-Sonneborn-jb-jpg.jpg]

Engelbert Sonneborn (78)
retired person, father of Martin Sonneborn, an EU-MP of the satirist party "Die Partei" Piraten, Die Partei

The winner gets chosen by an absolute majority. It's most likely/sure, that Steinmeier will win, since he got the most parties supporting him, including the parties in power right now.
The term of the next president starts at the 18th March 2017 and he will live in "Schloss Bellevue" (Bellevue Castle) in Berlin.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

(02-11-2017, 02:04 PM)GI-Land Wrote: -sneeeeeep-

What does the German President do? I honestly didn't know you still had one...
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Officially he...

-appoints and suspends the chancellor.
But he just appoints the one, that got elected by the parliament and the person, who the parliament elected, is the one of the party with the most popular votes in the parliament.

-appoints and suspends the ministers.
The chancellor proposes them to him, but basically he just makes the chancellor's decision official.

-signs all laws.
He can't change them, he can just say, that he thinks, that they aren't constitutional, but if the constitutional court says, it is, he just has to sign it actually.

-shakes hands with other heads of states and talk to the public on television or in press conferences at special events.

Basically he is, even though officially the "number one" of Germany, just an obsolete organ, that just does, what the other organs tell him to do.
That's also the reason, why he doesn't get elected by the people. If the people would elect him directly, he would have much more power than today most likely.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

So unsurprisingly Steinmeier won today with 74.3% of the votes.
Butterwegge got 10.2%, Glaser 3.6%, Hold 2.0% and Sonneborn 0.8% of the votes.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Indonesian governor elections tomorrow, all provinces shall select their governor.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Ecuadorian elections are tomorrow. Do we have anyone who knows anything about Ecuadorian politics? My knowledge comprises of the Wikipedia article I just read about it.
John Hills- President of Ausstan

Sitrep

Ahok is tied with Anies Baswedan in the race to the capital. Now it is uncertain on who will win.

This is a rollercoaster of stupidity, the entire thing if i'm honest

- Doraemon