We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Silicon Pens - A Writers' Group

The Silicon Pens
A Writers' Group for the South Pacific

Hello! This is a bit of an experiment, really, but with there being various people in the South Pacific who enjoy writing in various forms, I thought it would be a nice idea to start a group for mutual support and encouragement; a place where we can share things we've written or are working on and provide constructive criticism and feedback. The idea is to build up the writing talent in the region and, perhaps, we can help fuel the regional journalism, RP or just share some cool stories and poetry etc. What we will definitely not be is a political party. The only requirement to join is a desire to write.

So, if you'd like to join, just reply to this thread and we'll see what form we take from there. Smile

Also, we now have the Silicon Manorl our own Discord server, so feel free to head there, get masked as a member (or a guest, if you're not joining us, yet) and use it to bounce writing ideas and chat! There'll also be opportunities to share your writing there for posterity and to take part in live reading events (if there's enough interest).
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

I'm interested.
John Hills- President of Ausstan

I'd like to join. Please expect me writing some stories that you won't expect from me Wink .

I'm game. Though, most of my writing is NSFNS (Not Safe For NationStates) [emoji14]

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk. So typos may be a'plenty...
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Great. I've added you all to a members list in the OP.

So, what kind of things do you all like to write?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Aside from writing laboratory reports, I actually don't write in real life , but I usually do some writing online.

So let's see here. Aside from academic stuff and journalism, I pretty much write about sentimental or deep stuff(I'm not an emo person though). I also like to write some really deep romance stories. I also do write stuff for flight-report.com although I don't write there very often. Y'all might probably cringe actually XD but I can see why shouldn't I give this a try Tounge.

P.S. I'm trying to create a blog but I really don't have the inspiration for it. It's probably because I couldn't do it myself(I have some sort of anxiety disorder so I'm afraid of doing it alone).

I like to write fan fiction but so far I haven't been writing enough. I'd def. like to write more and like fantasy\sci-fi kind of stuff (esp. time travel).

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(02-19-2017, 03:14 PM)Escade Wrote: I like to write fan fiction but so far I haven't been writing enough. I'd def. like to write more and like fantasy\sci-fi kind of stuff (esp. time travel).

Was that a request to join? Happywide

(02-19-2017, 03:44 PM)Seraph Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 03:14 PM)Escade Wrote: I like to write fan fiction but so far I haven't been writing enough. I'd def. like to write more and like fantasy\sci-fi kind of stuff (esp. time travel).

Yes Angel 

Although I'm a bit scared too Tounge

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(02-19-2017, 04:43 PM)Escade Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 03:44 PM)Seraph Wrote:

Yes Angel 

Although I'm a bit scared too Tounge

I've added you to the list, then, but there's no need to be scared. Any criticism here should be in the sandwich form, which is to say that strengths should be highlighted either side of any weakness that is commented on. I was nervous when I joined the Aberdeen University Creative Writing Society IRL, but I soon found sharing my stuff was kinda cathartic and listening to the work and feedback of others made me a better writer. Smile