We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Information and Nominations - July 2017 Delegate Elections

Per the Elections Act,

Quote:3. Office of The Delegate

(1) The Delegate will be elected in a two-step process, with the Assembly voting on a slate of nominees on the forums, and the top two candidates in that process being voted on by regional poll on-site.

(2) On the first of every January and July, the Assembly will convene for the first round of Delegate elections.
a. Any legislator wishing to run for Delegate may declare their candidacy, and the Assembly will debate the merits of their platform.
b. The campaign and debate period will last one week, after which the Assembly will vote for 3 days.
c. The two candidates ranked first and second under IRV will move to a second round of voting conducted via a a poll of Native World Assembly members.

(3) After receiving the top two candidates in the forum election, the sitting Delegate will create a week-long regional poll accessible to Native World Assembly members, instructing them to vote for their preferred candidate.
a. A Dispatch containing the campaigns of both candidates will be created to aid voters in their choice.
b. The candidate who wins a majority of the votes will be declared the Delegate-elect.

(4) The incumbent Delegate will coordinate with the Delegate-elect in transitioning the seat, along with cooperation from the Council on Regional Security. Until the Delegate-elect achieves the most endorsements, the incumbent Delegate will still be responsible for all responsibilities that involve use of Delegate-restricted regional controls.
Thus,

-The nomination, campaign, and debate period is from July 2nd 22:00 EDT to July 9th 22:00 EDT
-The first round voting period will last from July 9th 22:00 EDT to July 12th 22:00 EDT
-The second round voting period will last from July 12th 22:30 EDT to July 15th 22:30 EDT

Legislators are to declare their nomination in this thread.
Candidates can fill a Conflict of Interest Disclosures here.

Candidates for the Delegacy:
#EC4Lyfe

I nominate Drugged Monkeys and Tsunamy.

I nominate Sam 111
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I second sams nomination!
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

I'll nominate DM and Seraph.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I second tsu's nomination
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

I third tsu's nomination.

I also nominate Seraph and DM for the delegacy.

I.... accept my nomination, thank you.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

I nominate Tsu, DM and Imki.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I accept
Semi-Unretired