We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Should the following amendment be adopted?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
65.71%
23 65.71%
Nay
17.14%
6 17.14%
Abstain
17.14%
6 17.14%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Executive Order - Amendment to Legislator Committee Act

It has been three days since the Cabinet issued an Executive Order: the following amendment to the Legislator Committee Act, and the appointment of Roavin as an emergency Legislator Committee member. It moves to vote automatically.

As a vote on an amendment to a general law, this vote requires a simple majority to pass. If it does not pass, this Executive Order will expire and its effects will be reversed.

The voting period is three (3) days. Voting will end on May 16th 2018 at 20:45 UTC.

The debate thread can be found here.
Quote:1. Scope

(1) The Legislator Committee is the commission responsible for granting and revoking legislator status to members.

(2) The Legislator Committee comprises three legislators that have each been appointed by the cabinet and approved by the assembly via a simple majority vote.

(3) A member of the Legislator Committee is removed from the committee if
a. a reconfirmation vote held every four months does not achieve a simple majority, or
b. the member resigns, or
c. the member loses legislator eligibility, or
d. the member is recalled by the Assembly through regular order.

(4) If there is no member of the Legislator Committee available due to vacancy or leave, and there are outstanding duties to be performed, the Cabinet may appoint an emergency member to handle any urgent matters of the committee. The Council on Regional Security may, on security grounds only, rescind the Cabinet's appointment. The emergency member's tenure will last until the Cabinet rescinds the appointment or until one week after a regular committee member is available, whichever happens sooner.

I agree with this proposal.
I will vote aye
The South Crystal
Serving as a voice in the Legislature since April 2018!

I vote against.
The Democratic Republic of East Nagaland
Legislator of the Assembly
MORA member
Active Tsunami Force member
Ambassador to TEP + TWP

Aye

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Aye.

Aye

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

This vote has passed 27-7.