We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Amendment to Article 1.5 of the Criminal Code

Slightly pedantic amendment here but:
Quote:(5) Miscarriage of Justice Contempt of Court shall be defined as a deliberate perversion of the justice system - conduct which prevents the judiciary from reaching a true and just result.

Miscarriage of Justice is a process of criminal procedure and I don't think you can charge someone with it. Perhaps perversion of justice/ contempt of court will be a more appropriate name for said offence?

I agree. I would call it contempt of court. Both are fine however.

Perversion, in this instance, would include obstruction? The court does have the power to compel evidence in certain situations and if this isn't presented, that should actually have penalties.

If so, I have no objections to this amendment.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Likewise. I've no issue with the change.

As with those above me, I agree with this. There's nothing really against this...
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest

@Roavin I think obstruction, as you've suggested, would be covered by contempt as it would be in most IRL court systems.

Motion to vote

(07-18-2018, 09:47 PM)Awe Wrote: Motion to vote

Since it's just a small amendment, I don't see a conflict with the Legislative Procedure Act. I second the motion.
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest

(insert CoA Logo here)

The motions have been recognized, and the amendment is now at vote.

The Chair of the Assembly

(insert CoA Logo here)

This amendment has passed 34-2.

The Chair of the Assembly