We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[NOTICE] Corrections to TSP Legion of Honor Award Act

(insert CoA Logo here)

Corrections to TSP Legion of Honor Award Act

After being petitioned by @Seraph, the Chair has determined multiple grammatical and formatting errors in the TSP Legion of Honor Award Act. Corrections are presented below and, as per procedure, presented to the Assembly for comments for three days. Further suggestions for corrections that are within discretionary purview (typographical errors, grammatical errors, and formatting inconsistencies when the correction does not alter the original intent of the law) are encouraged.

The following corrections have been applied to the draft below:
  • The word "act" in the title has been capitalized.
  • The title and subtitle have been centered.
  • Article titles are no longer fully uppercase
  • Article titles no longer have a trailing colon
  • Subsection identifiers are delimited with a period rather than a colon
  • The classes in 2.1 are delimited by a colon rather than a dash
  • All references to the Delegate are capitalized.
  • 1.1: "politically" -> "political"
  • 2.1.c: "Civil" -> "civil"
  • 3.4: "Sitting delegate" -> "The sitting Delegate"
  • 3.4: "predecessors" -> "predecessor's"
  • 5.1: "one months time" -> "one month"

The Chair of the Assembly

TSP Legion of Honor Award Act Wrote:
TSP Legion of Honor Award actAct
An act to recognize service to the region in ways military, civil, and political. 

1. Definitions

(1) Service is to be defined as any action taken that can reasonably be seen as contributing to the betterment, or advancement of the region whether military, civil, or politically.   

2. The Classes of the Award

(1) The award is to be separated into three different classes consisting of: 
a: Freedom-a. Freedom: Awarded for extreme and diligent service of any kind to the region for a significant length of time.
b: Valor-b. Valor: Awarded for consistent and honorable service to the region while serving in a military position. 
c: Service-c. Service: Awarded for Civilcivil service, political service, and the betterment and advancement of the region.  

3. The Issuing and Nomination Process

(1) The delegateDelegate is to be the entity that issues the Award to the recipients and must consent to each nominee that is to receive the Award; 
(2) The nominees for the Award shall be nominated to the classes of Service, Valor, and Freedom by the Assembly or by the following means:  
a. Nominees may be nominated to the class of Freedom by the Prime Minister or Chief Justice;
b. Nominees may be nominated to the class of Valor by the Minister of Military Affairs or the Council of Regional Security;
c. Nominees may be nominated to the class of Service by any member of the government, or by direct regional poll. 
(3) Any legislator as well as the delegateDelegate may introduce a candidate for nomination to the Assembly. Candidates are nominated upon the completion of a majority vote.  
(4) Sitting delegateThe sitting Delegate cannot award themselves the honor, and if they were to be properly nominated by one of ways listed, it would be at their predecessorspredecessor's discretion to confirm their nomination.

(5) No person shall nominate themselves for the honor or be involved in the process of their own nomination regardless of position held in regards to process of nomination.  

4. Revocation of the Award

(1) Any individual who has been convicted of a crime against the region, has been impeached or removed from office in the region, or has been found to have been awarded the Award under false or unworthy pretenses shall have the award stripped from them.

5. Time for Process

(1) The time for nomination to presentation of the award shall take no more than one months timeone month except in the case of the nomination of the sitting delegateDelegate.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 2 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Rebeltopia, Yuno

Do it!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

I agree with all the changes! 

As the writer of the bill, can we fix an error I made in it while writing? My intent was that the word predecessor say successor, but at the time of writing I had confused the two words. This is awkward to bring up because it's my error, but I would like to fix it.

(07-23-2018, 12:21 PM)islands_of_unity Wrote: I agree with all the changes! 

As the writer of the bill, can we fix an error I made in it while writing? My intent was that the word predecessor say successor, but at the time of writing I had confused the two words. This is awkward to bring up because it's my error, but I would like to fix it.

That changes the intent of the bill and therefore isn't something I can do via Chair discretionary powers. You'll have to submit a separate amendment.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]