We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Nominations to the Legion of Honor.

As MoRA and a "Member of government" I hereby nominate directly to the delegate the nominations of the following people to the legion of honor. 

Kringle

Viet 

These people are publicly Apolitical and live up to the requirements for the class.

Any movement on this?

I know Tsu has been on more than one LoA to deal with moving house. Im not sure if hes been around much.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Since this is the first time we're doing this ... I wasn't aware this fell on me.

However, I must say I think these nominations are a bit ... pedestrian? While I would be more than in favor of honoring Kris and Viet, I think we want to write a bit about why they're being honored; document their service, explain which class their service fits in and all that (i.e. we should make a bit more of a production out of it).
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 7 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft, islands_of_unity, Seraph, Somyrion, The Serres Republic, USoVietnam

Graphics! Pretty medals!

But yeah, I agree. More drama

Is this format sufficiently appropriate for the gravity of the award?

Do the awards already have graphic designs made up?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Tsunamy

(10-08-2018, 12:53 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: Since this is the first time we're doing this ... I wasn't aware this fell on me.

However, I must say I think these nominations are a bit ... pedestrian? While I would be more than in favor of honoring Kris and Viet, I think we want to write a bit about why they're being honored; document their service, explain which class their service fits in and all that (i.e. we should make a bit more of a production out of it).

I agree, I wrote these fast just to be able to get them out there, but I will be writing more dramatic nominations here soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes islands_of_unity's post:
  • Tsunamy

(10-08-2018, 12:53 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: Since this is the first time we're doing this ... I wasn't aware this fell on me.

Agreed. I understand that Kris and Viet have done a good service to the region - most definitely - but a reason is still needed. I'm pretty sure it's in the LoH Act.
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest

@Islands of Unity

If you are busy, can I go ahead and write up a summary for the awards?

For the record: Islands and I have agreed on Discord (Legislators' Lounge 30/10/18) that I will write up the summary.

I will begin later today and should have something to present by the end of this week.

My intention is for the Assembly to vote on whether to nominate Viet and Kringle rather than request that a member of the government directly present the nomination to the Delegate. I believe this would give the award more prestige in the long term - with recipients having been awarded the LoH not solely by the Delegate but also by their fellow peers.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Seraph, The Serres Republic, Tsunamy