We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Repeal of the Treaty of Capricorn

The Cabinet would like to notify the Assembly that it wishes to dissolve the Treaty of Capricorn with the New Pacific Order. The treaty text can be found here. Our reasons for this decision can be found here.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 2 users Like Somyrion's post:
  • Nakari, Ryccia

Motion to vote.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(11-26-2018, 06:26 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Motion to vote.

Five days, we need to talk for five days! Tounge
Quote:(3) Should the Cabinet wish to dissolve a treaty for reasons other than the violation of its terms, they must notify the Assembly. The Assembly will debate for at least five days, and then vote on its repeal. Should a vote on its repeal pass with majority support, the treaty will be dissolved officially, and the signatory notified promptly. 
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

I know ;-;
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

That can be overridden to 24 hours :3

nah

Or yeah maybe sense the NPO hacked the TSP elections. Or something.
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

Having been involved in this decision, with my opinion changing over the course of the past two days, and having help write the statement itself... I'm obviously in favor.

I'm not sure there is any debate the Assembly intends to have here. So I motion for waiving the 5 day debate time, unless someone objects.
[-] The following 6 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Beepee, Gordon Freeman, North Prarie, Rebeltopia, Seraph, Tsunamy

I second the motion to waive debate time
[-] The following 2 users Like Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • Seraph, Tsunamy

Third!

I want to preface my statements by saying that I have full confidence in the Cabinet and its decision-making abilities, and I definitely do not trust myself to make better decisions. As such, I fully support dissolving the Treaty of Capricorn.

With that said, I would like some clarification about what exactly happened with Osiris in 2016 — I don't remember what I was doing back then but it clearly it wasn't GP. What did Feux/Adytus do and how did it pit TSP and Osiris against each other?
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]