We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Day 9 - Nativity Memories

Today is our Nativity memories day! Did you ever have to take part in a school Nativity play? Did you get a main part, or did you always end up being the rear end of a donkey?

When I was in Primary School, we got a new headteacher who only wanted to do musicals for the school play rather than the Nativity, so I was probably about 7 or 8 when I did my last Nativity. Since the acting roles went to the older kids, I was only ever a narrator. Literally the entirety of my experiences is standing up at the right time, saying my single line, and then sitting down and going to sleep.
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pencil Sharpeners's post:
  • Beepee

I have fond memories of being shepherd number 2. It's the closest I ever got to being a superstar!

The outfit involved a sheet tied round the waist with some string and a tea towel on the head, again held on by string.

I didn't even get a sheep!

I was once going to get to play Joseph, only I couldn't song high enough for the past and ended up as a lineless shepherd. Sad

I guess I made up for it the time I got to be Joseph (though lineless again) in a Sunday school Nativity the year my daughter was born. As the newest baby in the church, she got to play Jesus and so Mummy and Daddy were roped in as Mary and Joseph respectively.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Beepee

I don't remember how old I was, but I played Joseph once. I remember walking around in the audience, knocking on "doors", looking for some room. Of course I couldn't find any Tounge
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator