We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Day 12 - Christmas Food

[Image: T638Lxh.png]

It's the twelfth of December (Beepeean Actual Time). Lets see what's behind today's door on the Advent Calendar....

[Image: ciuE6Yz.jpg]

why it's a beautiful glass of refreshing SPIT!

Today is a celebration of all things Christmas food and drink.

We'll be discussing all things christmas food throughout the day, from figgy pudding to Pavlova.

I encourage you to post your favourite or 'dream' Christmas food, tell us about your fondest christmas food memory or what yule be having this christmas day, post a recipe (IRL or TSP inspired) or photo.

Throughout the day on the RMB and in the Advent Calendar, your Christmas Angel (me) will posting a range of homemade and home tested recipes, where you can learn to make South Pacifican Christmas Classics. Who knows they might become a favourite in your home too.

At the end of the day, your posts will become part of the Christmas Food Celebration in the Advent Calendar.

You can post in the TSP Advent Calendar or in the RMB or by dispatch but please tag me, Beepee. That way I can see it and bring it to the Advent Calendar for all to enjoy.

Nom-nom-nom, I mean ho-ho-ho!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beepee's post:
  • Pencil Sharpeners

This is awesome! I have no recipes (for everyone's benefit Tounge ), but I really like mince pies. I wish they were a thing at other times of year too...
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pencil Sharpeners's post:
  • Beepee

Quick and Easy Christmas SPIT

South Pacific Iced Tea (SPIT) is our regional drink. Originally an unholy concoction of left over alcohol, SPIT has evolved into the respectable drink of the masses.

Why not impress your IRL friends and family with this Christmas version. It's as refreshing as Midandian's Finest.

Makes about 1 litre (4 cups)
Prep time 15 mins (plus cooling time)

SPIT is best enjoyed on the day. However, and I dont know why there would be a need, Christmas SPIT will last a couple of days if refrigerated.

Enjoy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beepee's post:
  • Pencil Sharpeners

Kale Chips-

1 Large Head of Kale
Dash of Salt
Dash of Oil

Take the kale and break it up in a bowl; toss with salt and oil until the oil covers all the leaves lightly; Place in oven at 250F for 20 min, No More, No Less; Serve in a bowl and eat like chips

The perfect gameday or slightly healthier snack alternative to potato chips. Nice and crispy and green!

Note: You can season to taste with other spices and herbs. Salt is not necessary and Olive Oil or Canola Oil is preferred
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillguy9's post:
  • Beepee

Sounds tasty @Dillguy9

Speaking of tasty, I asked the RMB what they were having ( or had last year ) for Christmas dinner... here are some of the tastiest answers!

Foxtonia has tamales

Beepee likes trifles

Si-topia isn't doing a big Christmas meal this year but last year!!!

Slightly disturbingly, Jaxon suggested this

Galatsi has this!

On discord, Frost said last year he had rice, miso soup, pork cutlet, and salad. YUM!

more will be posted later, and why don't you add what you'll be eating this year for Christmas!

Recipe alert from Kerlodia

A nice marinated salmon dish

South Pacific Iced (SP-ICED) biscuits

These biscuits not only taste delicious but also smell great - filling your house with scent of Christmas.

They're also easy to make and can make excellent Christmas gifts (they can even be left out for santa).

They can be stored for up to 4 days in an air tight container.

Makes about 20 (depends on size)
Prep time 10 mins, chilling time 40 mins, cooking time 10 mins.

A recipe from East Sahklin

Delicious Brownies

The Advent Calendar Day 12 Dispatch

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1137942