We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Amendment to Article IV of the Charter (Election Commissioner)

This amendment to the Charter follows a similar amendment to the Regional Officers Act. Both proposals seek to correct the discrepancy in terminology used for the Election Commission.

While it would have been ideal to present these minor changes in a single package, this is an amendment to a constitutional law and therefore requires a higher threshold to pass. Although inconvenient, it is, unfortunately, appropriate to present it as a separate amendment.

Quote:IV. THE ASSEMBLY

(2) The Assembly will elect a Legislator as Chair for a term lasting four months. The Chair is responsible for maintaining order and decorum, and helping guide Assembly debate into the creation of bills. If a Chair is recalled, loses Legislator status, or is otherwise not in office, a new Chair will be elected for a new term lasting four months. The Election Commission Commissioner will be responsible for organizing Chair elections.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Divine Owl, Rebeltopia, Seraph

I propose the waving of the debate time for something as simple as this is.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Amerion, Divine Owl

Is this really necessary...
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs

(01-31-2019, 02:33 PM)Divine Owl Wrote: Is this really necessary...

Unfortunately, at the moment it is. However, an amendment proposed by @Awe which, if passed, will allow the Chair to exercise discretion in correcting future errors of a similar sort should mean that amendments of this nature will no longer be necessary.
  • Divine Owl, Poppy, Seraph

Then I second
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beepee's post:
  • Amerion

Noted Smile

Should no objection be heard in the next 24 hours, the period shall be waived.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Beepee

Shouldn't just fall into the Typo Errors thread?
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Amerion

(02-01-2019, 10:20 AM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote: Shouldn't just fall into the Typo Errors thread?

I gave some thought to it prior and was on the fence. Thankfully, this may be the last time such an amendment is needed.

In the future, I expect to be proofreading and using the 'find' key in our law archive for whenever we change the names.
  • Rebeltopia, The Sakhalinsk Empire, Volaworand

I motion to vote

And I second.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8