We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Reconfirmation of USoVietnam to the Legislator Committee

[Image: F4SCRpm.png?1]
DISCUSSION ON THE
RECONFIRMATION OF USOVIETNAM

4 February 2019

Esteemed Legislators,

In accordance with Article 1, Section 3 of the Legislator Committee Act, @USoVietnam is subject to a reconfirmatiom vote as a Member of the Legislator Committee.1

The vote to reconfirm @USoVietnam to the Legislator Committee will begin in three days from the posting of this discussion thread.2 However, in the event that there is considerable debate, the Chair maintains the right to extend the discussion period.

[1] Legislator Committee Act, Article 1. Scope, Section 3, stipulates: ‘(3) A member of the Legislator Committee is removed from the committee if
a. a reconfirmation vote held every four months does not achieve a simple majority ...’
[2] The reconfirmation vote should have occured on the 24th of January, 2019 as @USoVietnam was last confirmed on the 24th of September, 2018. Sincere apologies for the error.

I approve.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 2 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee

I also approve,
the chair should be reprimanded for being tardy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beepee's post:
  • Amerion

I approve...
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest

Id like to hear what Viet has to say, and what the other (new) members have to say as well!

*This is not an unendorsement, just that I'd actually like to hear from the group.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

We should just get rid of this reconfirmation vote thingy. x)
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 3 users Like USoVietnam's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, Roavin

... Thats not what I meant Tounge
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • Poppy

[Image: TZwtVaB.png]

7 February 2019

Legislators,

Please be advised that the vote to reconfirm @USoVietnam as a Member of the Legislator Committee has been opened. The vote has been designated in the Assembly's official record as A1902.05 and referred to in full as Reconfirmation of USoVietnam to the Legislator Committee.

Legislators may cast their vote here.

The vote will end on the 10th of February, 2019, at 11:50 a.m. (UTC).

(02-04-2019, 10:10 AM)USoVietnam Wrote: We should just get rid of this reconfirmation vote thingy. x)

Reconfirmation is fantastic, and allows us to make permanent appointments accountable to the Assembly without overly politicising them. We should expand them to the CRS and High Court.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia

[Image: G9gwxLt.png]

RECONFIRMATION PASSED

10 February 2019

(A1902.05)

Legislators,

Please be advised that the vote to reconfirm @USoVietnam as a Member of the Legislator Committee has passed.

The final tally is 35 in favour, 2 in opposition, with 6 abstaining, for a total of 43 votes.

The vote was passed with 94.6% voting in favour, exceeding the requirement for a simple majority of those voting with the exclusion of abstentions.

A spreadsheet of the vote breakdown is available here.