We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Report on Sunshine Act Compliance

[Image: BYEo2lg.png]

Report on Sunshine Act Compliance
A report on the High Court's compliance with the Sunshine Act as of 16 March 2019

Following a review of the content within 2504 Lampshade Street, the High Court's private section, a decision has been made to release 71 threads that are overdue for disclosure, in compliance with the Sunshine Act. These threads feature private discussions ranging from 2014 to 2017, including case deliberations, policy discussions and other internal exchanges.

Threads from the Kringle II Court that are due for disclosure will be withheld for the time being, as Chief Justice Kringle and Justice Belschaft review their discussion logs for any content that should be added to their respective threads, as required by the Sunshine Act.

The below table indicates how many threads were started under each court, followed by links to each of the threads that is being disclosed:

Court
Threads
April 2014
June 2014
October 2014
November 2014
February 2015
April 2015
August 2015 II
Kringle I

April 2014

June 2014

October 2014

November 2014

February 2015

April 2015

August 2015 II

Kringle I

Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft

Can the Court state how it has evaluated which threads to release?

The Court referred to the conditions prescribed by Article II, Section 3 of the Sunshine Act, quoted as follows:

Article II, Section 3 of the Sunshine Act Wrote:(3) Discussions may be withheld from release if
a. they are ongoing or directly related to another ongoing discussion,
b. if the public release of information contained therein threatens the security of the region or an ally,
c. if any personally identifiable information is contained therein, or
d. if they contain diplomatic conversations with other regions or organizations.

In addition, threads due for disclosure that correspond to the Kringle II Court have not been released at this time, pending a review of discussion logs that should be released along with those threads.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Amerion

I thank the Court for its time and effort