We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Join the Fellowship Programme

Welcome to the Fellowship Programme!

The Fellowship Programme is our regional employment programme. We offer different employment opportunities for our resident, regardless of their citizenship status, and this is an exceptional chance for newcomers to get involved in the community and make a difference in the region. Currently we are offering the following employment options:

1. Assembly

[Image: PXJqwmo.jpg]

"The Assembly is your opportunity as a citizen to contribute to our august body of law. Start by learning the law – and don’t just learn it, breathe it. Knowing the nitty-gritty of our institutions, enables you to perform better as a legislator."
Unibot, Former Chair of the Assembly

The Assembly is the centrepiece of our democracy and the place where we debate laws for the region, vote on executive appointments and discuss all matters of public interest. Because we want to be as open as possible, all citizens automatically become members of the Assembly, and therefore can participate in its debates and proceedings.

Many of our greatest leaders and political figures began their careers in the Assembly, before moving on to the Cabinet or to the High Court, and even now they usually contribute to its debates. Participating in the Assembly is a great opportunity to develop your legislative and debating skills, to be known as a capable and engaged citizen, and even as a stepping stone before running for office!

2. Special Forces

[Image: M18kBXO.jpg]

“So you feel like joining the SPSF? You get to meet all the different people of NS. You’ll take a figurative road-trip every update. You will have several experienced people at the wheel to help you.”
ProfessorHenn, Former Minister of the Army

Our Special Forces are the regional military, and they are tasked with protecting our interests abroad, helping execute our foreign policy and providing an enjoyable way for recruits to learn about military gameplay. What the Special Forces do is work on its own or with allied militaries to take over regions, or to liberate them from those that took them over. You can be the invader that all regions fear, or the benevolent saviour that keeps regions from being raided.

Enlisting will let you know about military gameplay and also interact with other citizens and with people from other regions. Be there for all scheduled missions, show that you want to learn, be an active participant, and you will soon rise through the ranks, and perhaps lead your own missions. This will also be very important and helpful if you ever decide to run for public office!

3. Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[Image: Tzp6QP8.jpg]

“The Diplomatic Service presents an interesting and diverse way to see more of NationStates and expand your horizons, whilst in service of your region!”
Lord Ravenclaw, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the institution in charge of representing the region abroad, establishing links with other regions, maintaining good relations with our allies and keeping us informed of events in NationStates. It also runs the Diplomatic Service, a program where citizens can go to other regions to represent the South Pacific, and also receive training from the Ministry on diplomatic practices and other issues relevant to foreign affairs.

You will need to work hard, show real dedication and be proactive about doing your job, but show those traits and you will quickly rise through the ranks, gain a lot of foreign contacts, and acquire exactly the kind of experience that is necessary to be an excellent leader in the region, either as a Minister, or maybe even a Delegate, at some point in the future!

4. Ministry of Regional Affairs

[Image: qGYyke2.jpg]

“Serving in the Ministry of Regional Affairs is being part of the lifeblood of this region, where we work because we want to have fun, and we want to provide that same experience to all other nations in the South Pacific.”
Kris Kringle, Minister of Regional Affairs

The Ministry of Regional Affairs is the institution in charge of keeping the community active, promoting cultural activities, and helping keep the South Pacific informed of all regional happenings. It currently offers positions in the following projects:
  • Southern Journal (news reporting, opinion columns, interviews and panels on regional events)
  • Treasure Island Report (news reporting, opinion columns, interviews and panels on roleplayed events)
  • Historical Office (research of old records and compilation of reports on the history of the South Pacific)
  • South Pacific Radio (compilation of music playlists and planning of audio shows and interviews)
  • Trivia Shows and Quizzes (short quizzes, trivia games and simple competitions, to be held on the Regional Message Board)
  • Seasonal Festivals (festivals on special or random dates, with games, discussions and special guest regions, to be held on the forum)
  • Games Development (development of new games and competitions, like the Regional Games or the World Census Contest, organisation of new editions of those games)
Working at the Ministry is very good if you want to have a direct contact with your fellow South Pacificans, to learn how to be organised, and if you want to have a good chance at rising through the ranks. The Ministry has an effective ranks system, that constantly recognizes your contributions, and newcomers are constantly promoted to leadership positions, if we we see them working hard and helping to improve their projects. Many of our current senior officials, including Delegates, Ministers and Justices, started their careers in the Ministry of Regional Affairs, so this is an option that you definitely want to consider, specially if you have an interest in news, culture and contact with people.

How to Apply?

Simple! Just fill out the application below and post it as a reply to this thread. Someone will then get in touch with you will all the necessary information on how to get started. You can apply for as many jobs as you want, provided that you feel confident enough to manage them effectively. Do not worry about not having enough experience. Since the whole point of the Fellowship Programme is to help you get involved, everyone will be accepted and given training and practical experience, by the people in charge of the jobs they select. Please be aware that you do not have to be a new citizen to apply, anyone with a nation in the South Pacific is welcome to join the Fellowship Programme.

Code:
[b]Nation in the South Pacific:[/b] [nation]NationGoesHere[/nation]

[b]Assembly:[/b] Yes - No
[b]Special Forces:[/b] Yes - No
[b]Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomatic Service):[/b] Yes - No
[b]Ministry of Regional Affairs:[/b] Yes - No

[i]Please share any past experiences you might have in the jobs you have selected, or tell us about your expectations about these new jobs![/i]

Thanks for reading and welcome to the South Pacific!
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

For information on the Assembly, contact Unibot.

For information on the Southern Journal, contact Kris Kringle/Montresor.

For information on the South Pacific Special Forces, contact QuietDad.

For information on the Ministry of Regional Affairs, contact ProfessorHenn.

For information on the Cultural Development Bureau, contact Llamas.

For information on the Communications and Integration Bureau, contact Farengeto.

For any other information, contact Kris Kringle/Montresor or Arbiter08.

Welcome to The South Pacific!

Assembly of the South Pacific: Yes
South Pacific Independent News Network: No
South Pacific Special Forces: No
Ministry of Regional Affairs:
- Cultural Development Bureau: Yes
- Communications and Integration Bureau: Yes

Please share any past experiences you might have in the jobs you have selected, or tell us about your expectations about these new jobs!Assembly of The South Pacific - Provost of the Magisterium of The East Pacific
Ministry Of Regional Affairs - Former Minister Of Regional Affairs, former Deputy Minister Of Regional Affairs -- Community Development Agency
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

South Pacific Special Forces: No
Cultural Development Bureau:Yes
Communications and Integration Bureau:Yes

Please share any past experiences you might have in the jobs you have selected, or tell us about your expectations about these new jobs!

Cultural Development Bureau Number 1. I was in The TSP Official Regional Games and I enjoyed it a lot despite some raiders having a look about. So I would like to help make them and keep them safe from raiders.

Communications and Integration Bureau Number 3. I do like polities as you may or may not have noticed and English had all ways been my best subject. I was also good at Modern Studies so I think I might be able to do a good job.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

South Pacific Independent News Network: Maybe
South Pacific Special Forces: Maybe
- Cultural Development Bureau: Yes
- Communications and Integration Bureau: Yes

Please share any past experiences you might have in the jobs you have selected, or tell us about your expectations about these new jobs!
Senator in Europeia --> Assembly work
Owned a regional newspaper in Europeia which could be comparable to experience working for SPINN and the Comm Bureau.
Look forward to seeing if there's anything I can do to help out.

God-Emperor, Punchwood and PhDre
You obviously know that all citizens are members of the Assembly, so feel free to participate there whenever you see fit. I will send you the password to the Private Office of the Ministry of Regional Affairs so we can talk there about what you can do and how to get everything organised. There we can and will discuss in more detail about how you can help with the two Bureaus.

Please do make sure to post in the sign in thread there so we can get everything going as soon as possible!

PhDre
I will talk with Belschaft about SPINN, since he is still the Editor in Chief. Regarding the Communications Bureau, that we can discuss directly in the Private Office.

Welcome to the Fellowship Programme!
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I Ironbay

Would like to join

South Pacific Special Forces: Yes
The Kingdom of Ironbay
“Victoria Concordia Crescit”
King Voss Ironbay

(09-23-2014, 09:13 AM)Ironbay Wrote: I Ironbay

Would like to join

South Pacific Special Forces: Yes

Ironbay, we ask that you fill out the entire form.

That's alright. If he only included the Special Forces then we assume that's his/her only area of interest. Quietdad (our Minister of the Army) should be contacting you shortly. Smile

Legal Resources:

Assembly of the South Pacific: No
South Pacific Special Forces: Yes - Have experience here.
- Cultural Development Bureau: Yes - Have experience here.
- Communications and Integration Bureau: No
DMoRA of the CIA
MoA
Officer in the SPSF