The South Pacific
[OOC] Flash News - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Pacifica (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-109.html)
+---- Forum: Media (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-46.html)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Flash News (/thread-2504.html)

RE: [OOC] Flash News - RandomGuy199 - 01-05-2017

(01-05-2017, 11:23 AM)Hammerstar Wrote: Her Honorable Peony ushered a new edict concerning abortion, it is now illegal to force someone to have an abortion. It is now legal for private and clerical orphanages, that are certified thorough checks once every two weeks by a team of random social workers at a random date, to take in unaborted children.

Wait, so forcing someone to have an abortion against her will wasn't illegal until now?

RE: [OOC] Flash News - Ryccia - 01-05-2017

Can I sanctionz nao?

RE: [OOC] Flash News - Hammerstar - 01-06-2017

(01-05-2017, 10:13 PM)RandomGuy199 Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 11:23 AM)Hammerstar Wrote: Her Honorable Peony ushered a new edict concerning abortion, it is now illegal to force someone to have an abortion. It is now legal for private and clerical orphanages, that are certified thorough checks once every two weeks by a team of random social workers at a random date, to take in unaborted children.

Wait, so forcing someone to have an abortion against her will wasn't illegal until now?

It's like an unwritten rule. It is beyond unethical in my country to force someone to have an abortion against their will.

A case surfaced when a family orchestrated an illegal abortion because the offspring was female, forcing the mother against her legal will and rights. It was found out and perpetrators are jailed.

A review was made and discovered that there was no explicit passage in which abortion could not be forced against a mother's will. An explanation of this error is simply because abortion (other than special circumstances) are outlawed to begin with. The revision has passed and the edict is active.

(01-05-2017, 11:47 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Can I sanctionz nao?

Me, you wish to sanction the Peocracy? We wish that you reconsider, however, if you wish to do so, Ryccia and The Union does not have any direct impact to the Peocracy.

RE: [OOC] Flash News - Zak6858 - 01-09-2017

Please no one get triggered over the comment. Just a joke. Not making fun of Gi-Land the user.

RE: [OOC] Flash News - GI-Land - 01-10-2017

Nah, it's fine.
I know of my weakness ^^
The problem is basically that I set commas like I'd do in German, but in English you set less commas than in German Happywide

RE: [OOC] Flash News - Seraph - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 08:23 AM)GI-Land Wrote: Nah, it's fine.
I know of my weakness ^^
The problem is basically that I set commas like I'd do in German, but in English you set less commas than in German Happywide
It's actually not just the commas. They are a symptom of the fact that you create sub-clauses that would exist in German, but don't in English. But I've grown rather fond of them to be honest. Smile

RE: [OOC] Flash News - GI-Land - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 08:37 AM)Seraph Wrote: It's actually not just the commas. They are a symptom of the fact that you create sub-clauses that would exist in German, but don't in English. But I've grown rather fond of them to be honest. Smile
I think, that's what I meant.
I'm setting too many commas due to the fact, I create to many "german-esque" sub-clauses Happywide

RE: [OOC] Flash News - Hammerstar - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 10:14 AM)GI-Land Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 08:37 AM)Seraph Wrote: It's actually not just the commas. They are a symptom of the fact that you create sub-clauses that would exist in German, but don't in English. But I've grown rather fond of them to be honest. Smile
I think, that's what I meant.
I'm setting too many commas due to the fact, I create to many "german-esque" sub-clauses Happywide

I think it's alright, the german-esque sub-clauses could depict the Gi-lanndian character and uniqueness

RE: [OOC] Flash News - Hammerstar - 01-10-2017

Just a method to share something cool with you guys. Please don't fret over name differences and such.

RE: [OOC] Flash News - Zak6858 - 02-06-2017

I realise I'm incredibly lazy. Actually, to save me work, will any of you be interested and read if I do an election coverage of Zadiner?