The South Pacific
A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Election Headquarters (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-67.html)
+----- Forum: March 2015 General Elections (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-58.html)
+------ Forum: Minister of the Army Campaigns (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-165.html)
+------ Thread: A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn (/thread-1912.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn - ProfessorHenn - 03-16-2015

Forgive me for not answering your questions, but I am on data and I prefer to not use it up.

I will answer them as soon as I can today.

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!

RE: A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn - ProfessorHenn - 03-16-2015

(03-16-2015, 10:55 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
I am sorry, but I need to be blunt here.

During the Great Council we had an extensive discussion on the merits of demilitarization, and it was widely proposed that we give the next Minister of the Army the chance to prove that the military could be revived and turned into a successful force. You are that next Minister, and I think it is safe to say that the objective has not been met, nor does it look like we are anywhere near it.

I am not trying to revive the demilitarization argument, since a campaign thread is not the right place for it, nor do I think this would be the right time for such a proposal. However, I do question if you are the right person to continue leading the military. You had a term as General and have now served half a term as Minister. Under your watch the military has not become the force we hoped it would become. To the outside and otherwise uninformed observer the military is pretty much dead, is they even know we have a military. Why give you four more months?

Personally, I ask for your vote simply because I am the most qualified for the job. All other candidates are either A) Unable to really make update on a daily basis, or B) Promise nothing for TSP. While I do not make campaign promises simply because many people, myself included, do not fulfill all their promises, I do offer the SPSF to the Cabinet/Assembly if they are needed, and I will continue to conduct mission with other militaries if the SPSF cannot make it to that update.

(03-16-2015, 12:47 PM)Punchwood Wrote: I'll be asking this to all those who want to be re-elected, what have you done in your current position? Secondly I don't think there has been any requirement while you have been MoA, like Kris said why should we give you another four terms?

To your first question, I've already answered it. To the second question, is there anyone more qualified for the position that could take it here in TSP? QuietDad does not want to run, Darkstrait has, so far, been unable to ever make an update and has never really done much for the SPSF, and Distortilla has never been a part of the SPSF or partaken in missions with the SPSF, and has never promised TSP anything.

(03-16-2015, 02:13 PM)Hileville Wrote: What are your personal goals for another term?

What do you see as your biggest obstacle in accomplishing these goals?

What type of activities do you plan on increasing or decreasing with the military?

Personal goals are to train at least 1 new person to be a regular. Gotta start somewhere, but I wasn't at my best this term due to preparations for finals.

Biggest obstacle would be the lack of incentives. IF we had something here in TSP that we could offer people who do, say, 15 mission, that may be enough for people to join. M. Barry knows I wanted those Awards before we upgraded the forum.

I plan to increase both raids and liberations. I am an Independent, and seeing the SPSF turn one ideology or the other would completely destroy the "No Ideology" thinking we have here in TSP.

RE: A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn - Sopo - 03-17-2015

Will you actually go on more missions next term?

RE: A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn - Escade - 03-17-2015

Let's say I decided to run for MoA, or anyone really with less practical experience, what would you say is the biggest hurdle in maintaining an active military?

If you had a following on another forum or site, would you think of recruiting there or would that be a conflict of interest?

A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn - ProfessorHenn - 03-17-2015

(03-17-2015, 01:05 AM)Sopo Wrote: Will you actually go on more missions next term?

Whenever I can. I'm not one for doing a mission in a school night, but I will still try.

(03-17-2015, 06:02 AM)Escade Wrote: Let's say I decided to run for MoA, or anyone really with less practical experience, what would you say is the biggest hurdle in maintaining an active military?

If you had a following on another forum or site, would you think of recruiting there or would that be a conflict of interest?

The biggest hurdle to maintaining an active military in ensuring all the members will still be there. I commend Farengeto for still sticking with the SPSF for God knows how long, and I commend QuietDad for dragging me in this and making me a regular.

That's highly vague, and I'm afraid to answer it for want of a more specific question. Odds are, if it's an NS regional forum, no, but if it's a non-NS regional forum, I'd try. But I still lean towards no.

RE: A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn - Kris Kringle - 03-17-2015

What do you think should be the future of the General Corps? I has never been fully staffed and so far it seems unlikely to ever be. Should we move to a different operational structure for our military?

(03-17-2015, 11:08 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: What do you think should be the future of the General Corps? I has never been fully staffed and so far it seems unlikely to ever be. Should we move to a different operational structure for our military?

I feel that we shouldn't move to a new operational structure, simply because it's never been tested fully. If/When we get a bigger army and we actually fulfill the General Corps, then we can see if it works and if we need to move to a different system.

Which reminds me. . .

RE: A Question and Answer Campaign | ProfessorHenn - Kris Kringle - 03-17-2015

Which leads us back to the same old question. Every candidate for Minister of the Army always promises to enlarge the military and have more missions. They never manage to do both and to the outside observer they never even try. If the current circumstances do not permit having a General Corps then would it not make more sense to adapt the military to those circumstances?

Let me ask another question:

Why should we believe that this time will be different, when every single candidate always says the same thing?

This time, I'm calling on favors from every military we're allied to, and some. This time, I'm letting SPSF members do whatever missions they can be a part of, as long as they report in. This time, if noting changes, I won't be seeking re-election in July.