The South Pacific
[DISCUSSION] Persona Non Grata Act - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+----- Thread: [DISCUSSION] Persona Non Grata Act (/thread-6716.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Discussion: Persona Non Grata Act - Nat - 12-28-2018

(12-27-2018, 11:59 PM)Beepee Wrote: @Nat

Sorry I think I missed this question.

it possible to add an exemption for TSP members on official business elsewhere? I assume we would not use a PNG declaration on members of our military, for example.

I don't know if that s necessary? Our military is working for us. Or am I missing something?

"An individual may be declared non grata [...] before reentering TSP," could be applicable to members of our military fighting a battle in another region. I know that usage is extremely unlikely, but it should be protected against. Your wording of "arriving in" and "reentering" imply (in my mind) TSP as the physical region not as the organisation.

RE: Discussion: Persona Non Grata Act - Amerion - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 04:20 AM)Nat Wrote:

it possible to add an exemption for TSP members on official business elsewhere? I assume we would not use a PNG declaration on members of our military, for example.

I don't know if that s necessary? Our military is working for us. Or am I missing something?

"An individual may be declared non grata [...] before reentering TSP," could be applicable to members of our military fighting a battle in another region. I know that usage is extremely unlikely, but it should be protected against. Your wording of "arriving in" and "reentering" imply (in my mind) TSP as the physical region not as the organisation.

@Roavin may want to wade in here but don't SPSF members use puppet nations in ops rather than their mains (which remain in TSP)?

RE: [DISCUSSION] Persona Non Grata Act - Beepee - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 04:23 AM)Amerion Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 04:20 AM)Nat Wrote:

@Roavin may want to wade in here but don't SPSF members use puppet nations in ops rather than their mains (which remain in TSP)?

I know thats what I did in St. Abbadon, But that was citizens Army. I can't imagine it being different for SPSF.

[DISCUSSION] Persona Non Grata Act - sandaoguo - 12-28-2018

If we’re talking about foreigners, why not consider what foreigners are? They’re non-legislators who hold citizenship or title in a foreign region.

Focusing on physical presence is a little wrongheaded. Because a PNG declaration is being issued to expel a foreigner, making it so we can only do it if they’re not already in the region doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: [DISCUSSION] Persona Non Grata Act - Belschaft - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 12:09 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: If we’re talking about foreigners, why not consider what foreigners are? They’re non-legislators who hold citizenship or title in a foreign region.

Focusing on physical presence is a little wrongheaded. Because a PNG declaration is being issued to expel a foreigner, making it so we can only do it if they’re not already in the region doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Non-citizens, you mean.

RE: [DISCUSSION] Persona Non Grata Act - sandaoguo - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 01:14 PM)Belschaft Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 12:09 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: If we’re talking about foreigners, why not consider what foreigners are? They’re non-legislators who hold citizenship or title in a foreign region.

Non-citizens, you mean. 

No, non-legislators specifically. Because we defined "citizen" as anyone with a nation in the region, which is the exact thing I mentioned makes no sense...

RE: [DISCUSSION] Persona Non Grata Act - Belschaft - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 08:40 PM)sandaoguo Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 01:14 PM)Belschaft Wrote:

Non-citizens, you mean. 

No, non-legislators specifically. Because we defined "citizen" as anyone with a nation in the region, which is the exact thing I mentioned makes no sense...

I suggest you read HCLQ1708. The Court has clearly and unambiguously established that having a nation in the region is not the sole determining factor of membership of the Coalition.

RE: Discussion: Persona Non Grata Act - Roavin - 12-30-2018

(12-28-2018, 04:23 AM)Amerion Wrote: @Roavin may want to wade in here but don't SPSF members use puppet nations in ops rather than their mains (which remain in TSP)?

Correct. I'm actually considering moving out one's registered main a conduct violation!

(12-28-2018, 03:23 AM)Amerion Wrote: It is on the basis of these beliefs of mine that I think it would be better if the aforementioned pieces of legislation were repealed in favour of a unified Persona Non Grata law which places the power of proscriptions with the CRS, with continued oversight by the Courts, and perhaps, with the potential for overturning such proscriptions by the Assembly (with a high threshold).

I fully, fully agree. Something that merges the good of the extant law, Article 4 and Beepee's draft into some sensible and coherent whole.

RE: Discussion: Persona Non Grata Act - Amerion - 12-30-2018

(12-30-2018, 02:38 AM)Roavin Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 03:23 AM)Amerion Wrote: It is on the basis of these beliefs of mine that I think it would be better if the aforementioned pieces of legislation were repealed in favour of a unified Persona Non Grata law which places the power of proscriptions with the CRS, with continued oversight by the Courts, and perhaps, with the potential for overturning such proscriptions by the Assembly (with a high threshold).

I fully, fully agree. Something that merges the good of the extant law, Article 4 and Beepee's draft into some sensible and coherent whole.

I await Beepee's return to discuss whether he is fine with progressing along those lines. Hopefully, he is Blush

RE: [DISCUSSION] Persona Non Grata Act - Beepee - 12-30-2018

Of course i am! @Amerion