The South Pacific
[LQ] 165th Basil Day - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Pacifica (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-109.html)
+--- Thread: [LQ] 165th Basil Day (/thread-2652.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: 165th Basil Day - Hammerstar - 07-05-2015

High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo

"I couldn't agree more, it's hard to have fun if we opened it up with something bitter. So, my Bonaugurean friends, what do you think of the Lux Universus? Truly one of a kind huh?"

As the party got on, Lady Fia Pendragon was having a hard time getting the attention of the Awesomiasan Vice-President. So she decided to talk with the other guests. However, as soon as she was going to approach a guest, she was pulled out by Lady Avianna Chronowallace. Saying that due to unusual circumstances back in Noctenos, the guests from Noctenos are unable to attend the party. When asked about the 'unusual circumstance', Lady Chronowallace simply shrugs.

RE: 165th Basil Day - Arbiter08 - 07-05-2015

Dar'sahkar bowed in return to the Hammerstarian hosts. "So nice to meet you Governor Elena, same to you Commander Alpha. It's quite the beautiful night out there, and a simply astounding piece of art you call the Lux Universus here. Apologies for not arriving sooner. The weather simply would not cooperate with us, and it's not like one can scale a mountainside in a blizzard. Please, allow me to introduce you to my companions. This is Thom'dar Duelak, the Minister of Communications." Dar'sahkar said as he gestured towards his right.

Thom'dar bowed towards the Hammerstarians. "It's an honor to meet you in person. I hope that relations between our nations continue to grow."

"And this is our future ambassador to your nation, Krin'thom Jakous." Dar'sahkar said as he gestured to his other side.

"Pleasure to meet you both." Krin'thom said as she bowed.

"Please, if you have any questions feel free to ask them. We're aware that not much is known about our nation, and we'd be happy to shed some light on most any subject."

RE: 165th Basil Day - Bonaugure - 07-05-2015

Whilst chatting and roaming around with High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo...

Vincent Ferrer: "I must admit that is larger than what I expected."
Tasha Blair: "I like the gardens... It makes it look so fresh."
Erika Tachibana: "Is that an observatory?"
Enrique Blair: "For how long has the Lux Universus been standing?"

High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, to be frank we don't really know when the Lux Universus stood. Some say that it was in early 1st century, but some Hammerstarian legends state that establishment of the university dates back to around 9000 BC. The design of the Lux Universus is unparalleled to this day, for it is the only building that incorporates the architecture of man, and the grandeur of nature. The structural integrity was also based on nature. For example, the amount of flowing water in the Lux Universus is specifically designed to compliment the different plants. If there is an overabundance of water, a basic mechanism would make the pipes narrower, and if there is a shortage of water, the mechanism would make the pipes larger. This building has inspired a lot of our architects to incorporate nature with the design of their buildings..."

High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo smiled at the group, and then pointed his hand to a dome-like structure.

"And to answer your question Lady Tachibana, you are correct, that is also an observatory. Historical records used to say that they were able to see the different planets of the solar system with a scope-like mechanism. Sadly the scope was replaced with something more advance and new, the dome-like structure now houses the faculty of Astronomy and Space in the Lux Universus. If you'd like, my attaché may be able to give you a tour around the observatory."

La Regal Condottieri

"It is an honour, Arbiter Dar'sahka."

*Turns to Krin'thom Jakous.*

So, she is going to be the Legion's ambassador to Hammerstar? Ambassador Krin'thom Jakous... I like that name. Surely we are going to see each other more often, we really want to cooperate with the Legion."

*Faces to three of them*

"I would be lying if I say that I am not interested with your meritocracy system, especially your tournaments. Most people think it's medieval, but though we are a very modern nation, Hammerstar still conducts tournaments as well, though the winner won't take my job, we still enjoy a couple of spars or two. Be that a clash of intelligence or sheer willpower..." Said Paladin Amelia, she looked away, trying to remember something.

"Now I would like to ask you something if I may, I heard from the Sapphire Paladin that the Legion's embassy that they refuse to accept any local armed soldiers to guard the embassy, simply saying that Ambassador Krin'thom Jakous and her attaché would be able to guard themselves. We were a bit surprised when we heard about it."

Commander Alpha was quite surprised when he heard that

"Your country must be incredibly well-versed in the art of combat then. So how do you teach the art of combat in the Legion, this has really piqued my interest." said Commander Alpha.

RE: 165th Basil Day - Bonaugure - 07-05-2015

Erika Tachibana: Stares at Vincent...
Vincent Ferrer: Looks at his group—"It's still early, I think we got time for a quick tour."—Says to High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo

RE: 165th Basil Day - Arbiter08 - 07-05-2015

"Ah yes, our tournaments. Every young Sangheli's dream. I believe we have a short document on the history behind them if you'd be so inclined to read it. Our tournaments use various methods to determine which of the challengers has the most intelligence, honor, etc. But none of this matters in the eyes of the populace if one cannot defend themselves. As such, we allow the challenger to duel the previous minister. It's a cultural thing more then anything." Arbiter Dar'sahkar explained to the Hammerstarians from the Regal Condottieri. "We have an excerpt from a book done on the subject if you'd like to see it. You might find it an interesting read. Thom'dar has copies if you wish to see one."

"As for our skills in combat? Well, our culture inherited many traits from our previous warring city-state system, and those shine through even today; albeit as modernized versions. For example, we have the Ruskarahk, a fighting style which we developed in the past which is still taught to Sangheli today. It's been discovered to help develop strong muscles, increase reaction time, and can be used to help rehabilitate those who have lost a limb. We're very fortunate to not have lost such an art with such benefits."

RE: 165th Basil Day - RandomGuy199 - 07-05-2015

After an hour long flight, President Yaleksandr Kerenskiy, Vicepresident Sergei Voroshilov and their respective wives, Tanya Kerenskina and Anna Voroshilova, arrived at Luce airport. This had been a very stressful day for them (after all, today was Republic Day in Karnetvor, and they had to give speeches). They were greeted by the Karnetvorian ambassador to Hammerstar, Jules Abramović.

After the usual greetings, they got into the limousine.

"Well, Mr. President, we are finally here," said Voroshilov.
"Yes. Personally, I hope this party can help me get the stress out of my system," said Kerenskiy.
"I think it will. We haven't gone to an event like this in a long time" said Tanya.

They arrived at the Lux Universus.

RE: 165th Basil Day - Hammerstar - 07-06-2015

Attention! Announcing the arrival of his excellency from the Federal Republic of Karnetvor, His Excellency President Kerenskiy, Vice-president Voroshilov and company.

- Lady Avianna Lynessa Chronowallace

RE: 165th Basil Day - caasd - 07-06-2015

"OK, I give up, where has the Archchancellor gone? I saw him a while ago." said Omar.

"I've no idea..." said Princess Oswin, rejoining the group. "We could always meet the Sangheli delegation though..."