The South Pacific
2016 in America - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: South Pacific International Airport (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-99.html)
+----- Forum: Lampshade Bar and Grill (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-190.html)
+------ Forum: South Pacific University (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-30.html)
+------ Thread: 2016 in America (/thread-2449.html)

RE: 2016 in America - Wolf - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 09:03 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Just like the wonderful link Wolf provided, there's always nuance to the numbers. There's a 10, 20, 30 or even 40% of minority voters who are voting for Bernie. BUT — that doesn't change the fact that the majority are not — based on polling.

Actually, I think when you say "minority" you mean "Black" because as far as the Hispanic vote goes Bernie is doing pretty good.

I think there are elements of the media that are purposefully conflating the terms "Minority" and "Black" in order to better fit their ideological picture. Hence why Hawaii, Alaska, and Washington were wrongly characterized as "White states" when they are some of the most ethnically diverse states in the nation. They just don't happen to have a large black population which, according to some media sources, makes them "White" because apparently "Black" is the only ethnic minority that counts in the US.

Hence #Berniemademewhite

RE: 2016 in America - Tsunamy - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 12:58 PM)Wolf Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 09:03 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Just like the wonderful link Wolf provided, there's always nuance to the numbers. There's a 10, 20, 30 or even 40% of minority voters who are voting for Bernie. BUT — that doesn't change the fact that the majority are not — based on polling.

Actually, I think when you say "minority" you mean "Black" because as far as the Hispanic vote goes Bernie is doing pretty good.

I think there are elements of the media that are purposefully conflating the terms "Minority" and "Black" in order to better fit their ideological picture. Hence why Hawaii, Alaska, and Washington were wrongly characterized as "White states" when they are some of the most ethnically diverse states in the nation. They just don't happen to have a large black population which, according to some media sources, makes them "White" because apparently "Black" is the only ethnic minority that counts in the US.

Hence #Berniemademewhite

Honestly, I'm tired of having this conversation with people who don't want to understand the basic logic. As someone who had worked in and studies the media there is no vast, conspiracy to "conflate" minorities.

But, if we want to play this game, let's check this out.

Sander does remarkably better in states where there is a largely white electorate, while Clinton does better when there are less whites — Black or Latino (see Nevada and Texas).

Literally, the only example you have where the electorate consists of more than half of a racial minorities, is Hawaii. Alaska, at 66% white pales in comparison to Mississippi, where the Dem. electorate is only 24% white. And, Colorado — contrary to your link — is still 72% white.

Is that conflating minorities? Maybe. But, the electorates of those states are still pretty white, overall.

2016 in America - ProfessorHenn - 04-26-2016

It's refreshing to at least see honest debate being played out. Much better than whatever happened earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 2016 in America - Jay Coop - 04-27-2016

I'm still waiting to know why Bernie Sanders has fewer total delegates in states that he won with the popular vote and how Clinton has way more total delegates than Sanders in states where she barely broke 50%. Where is the will of the people there?

RE: 2016 in America - Farengeto - 04-27-2016

So on the Republican side it's now mathematically impossible for anyone but Trump to win. At this point it's just a question of if it's a brokered convention or not. Hasn't stopped Cruz from announcing his VP though.

RE: 2016 in America - Wolf - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 11:29 PM)Farengeto Wrote: So on the Republican side it's now mathematically impossible for anyone but Trump to win. At this point it's just a question of if it's a brokered convention or not. Hasn't stopped Cruz from announcing his VP though.

And he chose Carly Fiorina, because apparently he doesn't really want to be President anyway.

I mean, seriously, she ran Hewlett-Packard into the ground and now her and Cruz are going to stand there and state that her "business experience" makes her a great candidate for Vice-President? She's the very picture of the incompetent, greedy, self-absorbed CEO stereotype, complete with a 40 million dollar golden parachute.

She's arguably more of a scumbag, business wise, than Trump is, and that's not even getting into the blatant lies she spread about Planned Parenthood. Seriously, Ted couldn't have picked a worse running mate.

RE: 2016 in America - Kris Kringle - 04-28-2016

(04-27-2016, 11:46 PM)Wolf Wrote: Seriously, Ted couldn't have picked a worse running mate.

Depends on whose side you're on. Tounge

RE: 2016 in America - Jay Coop - 05-01-2016

Bernie Sanders wins the vote in Rhode Island and takes 13 pledged delegates. Clinton picks up 11 pledged delegates and 9 superdelegates, a total of 20 delegates. Where is the will of the people?

RE: 2016 in America - Darkstrait - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 11:33 AM)Qvait Wrote: Bernie Sanders wins the vote in Rhode Island and takes 13 pledged delegates. Clinton picks up 11 pledged delegates and 9 superdelegates, a total of 20 delegates. Where is the will of the people?

if I had to give it my most blunt guess probably off fucking itself

RE: 2016 in America - Punchwood - 05-02-2016

You do realise super delegates mean fuck all. They aren't going to support the person with the fewer pledged delegates. Meaning if Bernie has more pledged delegates than Hillary they will support him, the problem is Bernie won't have more pledged than Hillary so the super delegates will keep supporting Hillary.