The South Pacific
2016 in America - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: South Pacific International Airport (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-99.html)
+----- Forum: Lampshade Bar and Grill (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-190.html)
+------ Forum: South Pacific University (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-30.html)
+------ Thread: 2016 in America (/thread-2449.html)

RE: 2016 in America - Ryccia - 05-03-2016

I know 'bout NY, but in Arizona? What the hell happened?

Remember I don't read this thread as much.

RE: 2016 in America - Jay Coop - 05-03-2016

Yeah, but Arizona's was more blatant. There is a petition on WhiteHouse.gov regarding voter suppression and one calling for a revote with 216,392 and 106,688 signatures, respectively, at the time of this post regarding the travesty that occurred on March 22.

RE: 2016 in America - Punchwood - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 09:27 PM)Resentine Wrote: ???

He won Indiana? And to my knowledge, he's polling pretty well in NJ and Cali. It's still far from over.

Indiana is one state, with just 83 delegates. In California polls show him 10% behind and in New Jersey there are few polls but all have him trailing Clinton in double digits. Sanders is doing what Hillary was doing 2008 winning states near the end of the race but these states are not enough to get him to catch up. You are now hoping that there is voter fraud on a huge scale that will give Sanders Arizona and New York. Face it you guys have lost. There is no way Sanders can overtake Hillary in the popular vote or pledged delegates and that is the only way he will win as the superdelegates will then back him.

That's it, Trump will be the nominee he has no more chalengers.

RE: 2016 in America - Jay Coop - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 11:15 AM)Punchwood Wrote: Indiana is one state, with just 83 delegates. In California polls show him 10% behind and in New Jersey there are few polls but all have him trailing Clinton in double digits. Sanders is doing what Hillary was doing 2008 winning states near the end of the race but these states are not enough to get him to catch up. You are now hoping that there is voter fraud on a huge scale that will give Sanders Arizona and New York. Face it you guys have lost. There is no way Sanders can overtake Hillary in the popular vote or pledged delegates and that is the only way he will win as the superdelegates will then back him.

Your negativity is such a nuisance. First of all, the case of Arizona is very real because the leading Democrat there assumed that there would be low turnout when many other states before Arizona reported high voter turnout, so she closed down many polling sites and there were people who were turned away. Second of all, it is not over until each and every single delegate has voted at floor of the Convention.

It is over and you know it's over, I'm not going to argue with people who can't learn to let a candidate go when they lose. Sanders has lost the soon you accept that the less of a disappointment you'll have once it is officially confirmed.

(05-04-2016, 04:52 PM)Punchwood Wrote: It is over and you know it's over, I'm not going to argue with people who can't learn to let a candidate go when they lose. Sanders has lost the soon you accept that the less of a disappointment you'll have once it is officially confirmed.

The last time I checked, Secretary Clinton doesn't have 2,384 pledged delegates. Plus, the 500 superdelegates who have pledged their support for Clinton did so in August, way before the first ballots were cast. If Clinton doesn't get 2,384 pledged delegates by the Convention, it is not over. So please, stop with your nagging.

(05-04-2016, 04:57 PM)Qvait Wrote: The last time I checked, Secretary Clinton doesn't have 2,384 pledged delegates. Plus, the 500 superdelegates who have pledged their support for Clinton did so in August, way before the first ballots were cast. If Clinton doesn't get 2,384 pledged delegates by the Convention, it is not over. So please, stop with your nagging.

Right last time I check Hillary was leading Sanders by 321 pledged delegates, last time I checked Sanders could win all remaining states by 10% and he still wouldn't catch up to her. There is no way on earth that Sanders will over take Hillary in the popular vote or in pledged delegates. The superdelegates are not going to back someone who lost the popular vote. Hillary will be the nominee and Hilary will be the next President, I'll bet my house on that.

(05-04-2016, 05:45 PM)Punchwood Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 04:57 PM)Qvait Wrote: The last time I checked, Secretary Clinton doesn't have 2,384 pledged delegates. Plus, the 500 superdelegates who have pledged their support for Clinton did so in August, way before the first ballots were cast. If Clinton doesn't get 2,384 pledged delegates by the Convention, it is not over. So please, stop with your nagging.

Right last time I check Hillary was leading Sanders by 321 pledged delegates, last time I checked Sanders could win all remaining states by 10% and he still wouldn't catch up to her. There is no way on earth that Sanders will over take Hillary in the popular vote or in pledged delegates. The superdelegates are not going to back someone who lost the popular vote. Hillary will be the nominee and Hilary will be the next President, I'll bet my house on that.

You forget to mention that momentum is everything in elections. If Senator Sanders wins state after state, that would send a message. Furthermore, I'm slightly agitated that you would assume that because I support Bernie Sanders that I wouldn't support Clinton if she clinches the nomination in July, at least that was the feel that I was getting in your last sentence. I think that we both can agree that a Trump presidency would be detrimental, right?

RE: 2016 in America - Ryccia - 05-04-2016

Open way for a Democrat White House, 'cause Trump has just won the nomination.